No more AM air drivers

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Call me old school but I still care about service. Taking 5 minutes round trip to make service on that NDA misload would have been the right thing to do.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I would run off a ground misload within a few miles. Our mgmnt team allows most of us to make adult decisions.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I never thought, I could get in trouble.......... I had an air misload just a few blocks away. Thats my problem, I think to much. I should have just recorded it as a misload and when I was 20 miles away at the end of the day, they would tell me to make service. I just ran it when it needed to be delivered. Silly me. I am not smart enough to make these decisions, wth was I thinking..............

oldngray

nowhere special
I never thought, I could get in trouble.......... I had an air misload just a few blocks away. Thats my problem, I think to much. I should have just recorded it as a misload and when I was 20 miles away at the end of the day, they would tell me to make service. I just ran it when it needed to be delivered. Silly me. I am not smart enough to make these decisions, wth was I thinking..............

think.png

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I never thought, I could get in trouble.......... I had an air misload just a few blocks away. Thats my problem, I think to much. I should have just recorded it as a misload and when I was 20 miles away at the end of the day, they
would tell me to make service. I just ran it when it needed to be delivered. Silly me. I am not smart enough to make these decisions, wth was I thinking..............
The sad thing is I can't tell of you are serious or just kidding.

Ouch

Call me old school but I still care about service. Taking 5 minutes round trip to make service on that NDA misload would have been the right thing to do.

If it was the right thing to do, why did management direct him to sheet it missed? Just wondering? Management couldn't have been wrong, surely not.
Sent using BrownCafe App
If I

BrownTexas

Man there are so many things going wrong in this post I'm flabbergasted.
Lol... Our air drivers are just preload Tcd's that they don't have routes for that day. And if no one "needs" help we use no air drivers. As far the the sup running misloads I sure wish I had GPS on the car he drives to be able to file for his whole day.

oldngray

nowhere special
1997 contract was basically a situation where the union didn't lose too much. Few gains but didn't lose as much as might have happened. The 22.3 jobs were from that I think but UPS has abused the promises they made when they created them. 22.3's are still rare and highly sought after.

PT Car Washer

I am as much about service as anyone else but this doesn't even make sense to me unless it was a premium product.
Center management team is getting beat up over misloads and have to reduce them. No matter what it takes. I have spent hours doing nothing but running misloads on a bad day. The next day the preload manager is on a production push.

BrownTexas

That's a waste of time and resources.

Couldn't agree more. But in our center it is all about what their numbers look like on paper. That's basically it. They rather have more miles and more hours than a few misloads. We even have guys that call the center about misloads and don't use the Diad to send them in.

Ouch

Yeah... Not worth the fight for the 20 minutes I can prove. The other 5-6 hours he is running I have no proof for.
File a grievance on integrity and falsifying records as they are not on the printout. I filed after I found out a sup was running ground and adding it to drivers boardsto make them plan better so he wwouldn't have to explain them not planning. That didn't end well.