No more AM air drivers

OPTION3

So you go back to the center on a daily or near daily basis?
I return to the center everyday, AFTER I’m done……I usually am instructed to run mis loads , meet with other drivers who have them for me, or sheet missed……2 of the three make me rich….wanna guess which 2? But I almost NEVER see a supervisor bringing me pkgs---in fact I have been told by my on-road thats why they don’t---:)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Filling, suppose you were waiting to close on your new house at 11am and the documents needed for the closing, which were sent NDA to your lawyer's office, were misloaded on to the adjacent route. You find out that the driver was 3/4 of a mile from the office but was instructed by his management team not to run off the misload or leave it to be delivered later that day. Can you imagine how you would feel?

OPTION3

Filling, suppose you were waiting to close on your new house at 11am and the documents needed for the closing, which were sent NDA to your lawyer's office, were misloaded on to the adjacent route. You find out that the driver was 3/4 of a mile from the office but was instructed by his management team not to run off the misload or leave it to be delivered later that day. Can you imagine how you would feel?
ANGRY at MANAGEMENT?…ABSOLUTELY

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Probably about the same as finding out UPS held Christmas loads, neither of which the driver controls.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think I would have just delivered it. Most times it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Last edited by a moderator:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Techie, why would you even ask permission to run off a NDA misload less than a mile away?
Because 2 days before I had been pulled into the office for "breaking trace without authorization" to deliver a misload about 1.5 miles off area. It's a new UPS. Service means nothing. It's all about the miles.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Couldn't agree more. But in our center it is all about what their numbers look like on paper. That's basically it. They rather have more miles and more hours than a few misloads. We even have guys that call the center about misloads and don't use the Diad to send them in.
I assume you don't have orion yet.