No more sick days and calling out, can i be disciplined?

Coldfeer234

hi guys i'm part time and have used all 5 of my personal/sick days. we get the new days starting may 1st but can't make it into work today.

can I be discplined if I call out? i also have 2 option days, could I use one of them for today without notice?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Nobody outside of your hub can really answer that question accurately.

That being said, you probably won't be allowed to use any option days as "sick days." You'll probably get a file write-up but nothing formal like a warning letter.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They will harass you on the phone when you call but thats it. Nothing will happen unless you habitually miss days

10 point

Our pt timers here would have to steal the Crown Jewels to be sent to a hearing. We've got some with 14-27 infractions in nine months and never been to a hearing.

They can't keep pt time help so they quite often get amnesia when it comes to writing them up.

PT Car Washer

Our pt timers here would have to steal the Crown Jewels to be sent to a hearing. We've got some with 14-27 infractions in nine months and never been to a hearing.

They can't keep pt time help so they quite often get amnesia when it comes to writing them up.
PT is such a revolving door that any threat of discipline for being late will just result in the employee calling in sick if they are going to be late.

10 point

PT is such a revolving door that any threat of discipline for being late will just result in the employee calling in sick if they are going to be late.
One guy was scheduled for a hearing (yrs ago) for attendance and he called off the day of the hearing.

Now that's funny stuff.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
hi guys i'm part time and have used all 5 of my personal/sick days. we get the new days starting may 1st but can't make it into work today.

can I be discplined if I call out? i also have 2 option days, could I use one of them for today without notice?

You can't make it into work but you can spend ten minutes of your life signing up to the site then another 10 minutes typing up your sob story just to get advice from a group of internet strangers. My advice, do yourself a favor and call in today and everyday. There are far better jobs you could be doing than this crap!

BananaCat

upload_2016-4-10_12-10-50.jpeg

beavis

There's a new law in Portland that makes it virtually impossible for part timers to be disciplined for absenteeism. Management doesn't even try anymore.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm out of sick days and called in this morning I think I'm actually gonna die...pretty sure this is my last post...only reason I'm
Out of sick days though is cause I used them when they were sending people home after Christmas when I took an rto

PT Sup here, they will harass you on the phone to get your ass to work. However, it is likely you will just be written up if that. Now, when it becomes a habitual problem I don't care why they miss, they get written up.