dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I've heard both sides. I've heard guys working 6.5 and guys working 12.

I think Monday is pretty much like the day after Xmas.
Had a few very bad mondays but overall it’s not terrible just a bigger area cause they don’t run any splits. Starting at 8 and leaving by 805 as opposed to starting at 830 and leaving at 915 like the rest of the week is nice too

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had a few very bad mondays but overall it’s not terrible just a bigger area cause they don’t run any splits. Starting at 8 and leaving by 805 as opposed to starting at 830 and leaving at 915 like the rest of the week is nice too
Yeah that would be nice.

I just don't see how Saturday's can work until they become an actual company wide work day.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I've heard both sides. I've heard guys working 6.5 and guys working 12.

I think Monday is pretty much like the day after Xmas.

Again, very similar here. I have worked a 9.5 day only once on a Monday since Saturday ground was instituted in my center 7 months ago and that was because I covered a heavy pickup for them. Meanwhile there are guys working 12 hour days on Mondays covering the work off of bid routes that are eliminated.

The problem with Mondays - and seemingly every other day of the week - is that center management teams are no longer allowed to run their own operations. IE says you will run "x" number of routes and that's that. So rather than center teams making adjustments to changing conditions (where have I heard that before?), they either have to stuff 10 lbs. of shizz into a 5 lb. bag or drop 5 lbs. of shizz into a 10 lb. bag.

Micromanagement does not work in a company this large.

oldngray

nowhere special
I heard from my cousin who has a friend whose mother works in Iowa who heard from a guy in Seattle that UPS Saturday is being cut
dark-helmet-mel.jpg

Tony Q

Yeah that would be nice.

I just don't see how Saturday's can work until they become an actual company wide work day.
Its just like Saturday air but on crack, meth, ecstasy, weed, and adrenaline. They have been doing Saturday air for decades now. They didn't start it out everywhere and it was never a well oiled machine, but they had to have it to compete. Saturday ground isn't going anywhere, it will just keep getting retooled by the boys and girls in the cubicles.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its just like Saturday air but on crack, meth, ecstasy, weed, and adrenaline. They have been doing Saturday air for decades now. They didn't start it out everywhere and it was never a well oiled machine, but they had to have it to compete. Saturday ground isn't going anywhere, it will just keep getting retooled by the boys and girls in the cubicles.
The difference is Saturday air carries a huge premium. Making it worthwhile.

CanOSup

One of them
Again, very similar here. I have worked a 9.5 day only once on a Monday since Saturday ground was instituted in my center 7 months ago and that was because I covered a heavy pickup for them. Meanwhile there are guys working 12 hour days on Mondays covering the work off of bid routes that are eliminated.

The problem with Mondays - and seemingly every other day of the week - is that center management teams are no longer allowed to run their own operations. IE says you will run "x" number of routes and that's that. So rather than center teams making adjustments to changing conditions (where have I heard that before?), they either have to stuff 10 lbs. of shizz into a 5 lb. bag or drop 5 lbs. of shizz into a 10 lb. bag.

Micromanagement does not work in a company this large.
So your center management team effectively makes adjustments to the operation? Get out. Your kind is not welcome amongst this crowd.