Gloominati

D.Y.S.
I've heard rumors of the company renegotiating rates for Saturday ground.
The impetus for this? Hell, I thought they were all in on making this work. Who the :censored2: knows anymore.

opie

When (not if) they make Saturday a regular delivery day it won't be a money maker unless UPS can get away with paying drivers less and/or limiting areas that get delivered.

Pretty much all the Saturday drivers are in progression. So they are making $18.75 to $25. I think the problem is that there's a lot of overhead costs for Saturday ground operations. Need to have a pre-load, a twilight shift, car washers, feeders, clerks, mechanics and maintenance. All these extra security, supervisors and flex-supervisors etc....When it was just a Saturday Air operation. It was basically just one supervisor, and the air drivers and nobody else lol.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The whole preload changed to tue - sat they wont be happy if they still have to keep this schedule.
For my first twenty years at UPS that was how things worked. Having Mondays off was great for doing chores , except when Monday was a holiday.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Its just like Saturday air but on crack, meth, ecstasy, weed, and adrenaline. They have been doing Saturday air for decades now. They didn't start it out everywhere and it was never a well oiled machine, but they had to have it to compete. Saturday ground isn't going anywhere, it will just keep getting retooled by the boys and girls in the cubicles.
I was doing Sat Air before it was officially started.
They had me deliver Internationals that arrived in the Monday sort , preload used to run Tues- Sat.
It was fun. Just two guys , then 3, had to cover the entire region.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Strikes coming
Best put in your vacation time for when the strike starts. I did it in 1997 and just to be safe ever year a contract was up.
I enjoyed it when the 1997 strike was over and they called me to come back . I told them that I wasn't coming in for another week.

Best put in your vacation time for when the strike starts. I did it in 1997 and just to be safe ever year a contract was up.
I enjoyed it when the 1997 strike was over and they called me to come back . I told them that I wasn't coming in for another week.
Who knows when the Strike, if it happens is actually going to start.??

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pretty much all the Saturday drivers are in progression. So they are making $18.75 to $25. I think the problem is that there's a lot of overhead costs for Saturday ground operations. Need to have a pre-load, a twilight shift, car washers, feeders, clerks, mechanics and maintenance. All these extra security, supervisors and flex-supervisors etc....When it was just a Saturday Air operation. It was basically just one supervisor, and the air drivers and nobody else lol.
For all the years I did Sat Air , it was a clerk or two , one Sup and one mechanic on duty. In the beginning they had a different sup work @ week for training , but some of those sups never showed up. So I got the detail.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Its a cluster friend