No pay for 4th of July?

snarts

Was looking at the time card viewer on upser and saw that the 4 hours of holiday pay for the 4th of July was not added to my total hours and it just says "NO PAY" for that day. I haven't missed a day of work and am in the union, however I have been late a couple times since my start time was changed to an earlier start time. I have heard this would be enough reason for your sup not to give you those hours, is this true?

snarts

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Was looking at the time card viewer on upser and saw that the 4 hours of holiday pay for the 4th of July was not added to my total hours and it just says "NO PAY" for that day. I haven't missed a day of work and am in the union, however I have been late a couple times since my start time was changed to an earlier start time. I have heard this would be enough reason for your sup not to give you those hours, is this true?
Lateness has nothing to do with getting paid for a holiday. However, attendance does. The specific days vary by local....but in general, you have to work at least 2 days in the week of a holiday in order to get paid for that holiday. In some locals, it's the day before and after a holiday.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lateness has nothing to do with getting paid for a holiday. However, attendance does. The specific days vary by local....but in general, you have to work at least 2 days in the week of a holiday in order to get paid for that holiday.

Or the day before and/or the day after a holiday to get paid.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lateness has nothing to do with getting paid for a holiday. However, attendance does. The specific days vary by local....but in general, you have to work at least 2 days in the week of a holiday in order to get paid for that holiday. In some locals, it's the day before and after a holiday.
Not true....... If your given the days off. You need to either of worked the day before , or the day after , or be "scheduled off" one of those days. Just can't have a "call off" the day before AND after.... But you can be given those days off. Hope this helps.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not true....... If your given the days off. You need to either of worked the day before , or the day after , or be "scheduled off" one of those days. Just can't have a "call off" the day before AND after.... But you can be given those days off. Hope this helps.
Like I said....it depends which LOCAL you are in. July 4th was a Monday. In my local, I could have banged out Friday the 1st, Tuesday and Wednesday (July 5 & 6).....and only worked Thursday and Friday and still gotten holiday pay for the week. But yes, other local supplements have different rules.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Like I said....it depends which LOCAL you are in. July 4th was a Monday. In my local, I could have banged out Friday the 1st, Tuesday and Wednesday (July 5 & 6).....and only worked Thursday and Friday and still gotten holiday pay for the week.
image.jpg