NO RTO NO SICK DAYS

Indecisi0n

Interesting. Always figured you to be a man of the cloth.

JEC1084_c__15320.1476382937.800.800.jpg
I prefer the male C-string

IMG_3302.jpg

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm pretty sure it is flat out against the law to write someone up for calling in sick...as long as it isn't an everyday thing...California specifically has a law that you can call in sick to take care of your child with absolutely zero repercussions...I wish I could say I was shocked when my BA agreed with the district manager but the make deals all the time.

clean hairy

When you said union rep, I was thinking it was Stuart.
If this was a BA from the local, you and others who do no like this new "rule" notify union hq.
I would also ask to be shown in the contract where Management is permitted to do this.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Today we were told no more rto and no more sick days. If we take 1 sick day we get written up and it stays as a infraction for 9 months. Well that's one way of preventing another sf. Good job UPS. Best part is our local agreed with them and rolled over on this. Wtf am I paying the union for if they side with ups on everything and friend* us drivers, the members

In our New England supplement, Article 60 Section 9

Section 9 - Disciplinary Action

The benefit of pay given to an employee for sick days does not excuse absence from work, however, bona-fide use of paid sick days will not automatically count towards disciplinary action. Each employee's record will be reviewed individually

I can understand calling out with dead days but sick days and vacations are bargained by our union AND MUST BE PROTECTED

You've got a bunch of
200_s.gif
in your union hall !!!!!

ManInBrown

Did anyone have the balls to call him out on it right at the PCM? If not then you're partly to blame for having such a weak BA. I can guarantee at least 10 people would have spoke up and been so far up our BA A* that management would have had to call security.

If my union didn't back me on a grievance about that I'd hit them with a NLRB charge the very next day.
They have a funny tactic here when you try to call them out on anything at the PCM. "We'll speak on the side afterwards" must be one of the first things they learn at Sup boot camp

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
geesh. I had 45 sick days built up . The last year I worked I called out almost every monday and tuesday . 3 day work weeks for several months. they never said anything .

most short timers did the same thing.

the company is just trying to bully you guys and it looks like it is working.

KDubb3

geesh. I had 45 sick days built up . The last year I worked I called out almost every monday and tuesday . 3 day work weeks for several months. they never said anything .

most short timers did the same thing.

the company is just trying to bully you guys and it looks like it is working.
oh they for sure are. It's hard when our BA and SS don't back us at all.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
oh they for sure are. It's hard when our BA and SS don't back us at all.
we had a guy who came in sick for feeder and they told him he had to work anyway since they had absolutely no one else to cover his run.

probably true but the driver was really ill.

so he took the truck out and drove down the road a couple hours, pulled over and called dispatch and told them he was too ill to safely operate a commercial vehicle.

they had to send an OR out there to finish his 10 hour run.

so guess what happened the next time this driver called in sick?

OSHA and the DOT would be real happy to hear what UPS is trying to pull with you guys.