NO RTO NO SICK DAYS

JL 0513

Today we were told no more rto and no more sick days. If we take 1 sick day we get written up and it stays as a infraction for 9 months. Well that's one way of preventing another sf. Good job UPS. Best part is our local agreed with them and rolled over on this. Wtf am I paying the union for if they side with ups on everything and friend* us drivers, the members

So do you get written up if you don't come to work on your vacations?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
we had a guy who came in sick for feeder and they told him he had to work anyway since they had absolutely no one else to cover his run.

probably true but the driver was really ill.

so he took the truck out and drove down the road a couple hours, pulled over and called dispatch and told them he was too ill to safely operate a commercial vehicle.

they had to send an OR out there to finish his 10 hour run.

so guess what happened the next time this driver called in sick?

OSHA and the DOT would be real happy to hear what UPS is trying to pull with you guys.

Ok so what heppened the next time he called in

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From your link:

PORTLAND, Ore. – The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration ordered Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc. to compensate a worker who refused to drive in violation of safety regulations. OSHA has also ordered the trucking company, based in Auburn, Wash., to stop retaliating against workers who refuse to drive trucks while too ill or fatigued to safely operate vehicles at its facilities.

Do you still that this ruling would apply to package car drivers?

sppollock

From your link:

PORTLAND, Ore. – The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration ordered Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc. to compensate a worker who refused to drive in violation of safety regulations. OSHA has also ordered the trucking company, based in Auburn, Wash., to stop retaliating against workers who refuse to drive trucks while too ill or fatigued to safely operate vehicles at its facilities.

Do you still that this ruling would apply to package car drivers?

I believe it would because as a package car driver you are driving on the same roadways as a regular passenger car and you follow the same d.o.t. Policies as truck drivers.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Absolutely it would. Package or Feeder, you are a Commercial Driver regardless of the type of license you are required to have. I am personally aware of several instances where a Package Driver brought the car back in & refused to continue due to being ill and/or fatigued. Any discipline issued was withdrawn. Definitely make an STAA complaint to OSHA if there any attempt to discipline due to illness or fatigue (including heat related).

Incidentally, in Arizona we just had the second part of our Minimum Wage law go into effect on July 1st. This guarantees all workers 6 earned days of sick leave that can be taken for virtually any reason including caring for a sick relative. Employers are expressly forbidden from denying this leave under most circumstances and there is no exception for workers already under a CBA. All this from a supposed Red State. Those managers who have been on a rampage denying Optional Day's the last few months are going to have a rough Summer.....

Frequently Asked Questions About Wage and Earned Paid Sick Time Laws | Industrial Commission of Arizona

coolslice

I'm just amazed many of you get sick days. If we call in sick, we don't get paid. I'm also amazed that some of you appear to have union representation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Plus an option week. So 7. Wrong again :censored2:.

@RonBurgandy??????????

His supplement maxes at 6 weeks. They don't have an option week.

"friend. Effective August 1, 1990, all employees with 25 or more years of seniority shall be entitled to a sixth week of vacation providing they are otherwise eligible. This additional week of vacation will be provided in the next vacation period following ratification of this Agreement."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/upstateny-07102014_0.pdf

4 personal, 5 sick days.

@UpstateNYUPSer is familiar with his own supplement.

-Bug-

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
@RonBurgandy??????????

His supplement maxes at 6 weeks. They don't have an option week.

"friend. Effective August 1, 1990, all employees with 25 or more years of seniority shall be entitled to a sixth week of vacation providing they are otherwise eligible. This additional week of vacation will be provided in the next vacation period following ratification of this Agreement."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/upstateny-07102014_0.pdf

@UpstateNYUPSer is familiar with his own supplement.

-Bug-
Are you trying to ruin my morning? Well, he is still an :censored2: anyways.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you trying to ruin my morning?

Not at all.

Accuracy is important.

Some people read this Forum, and take everything as gospel.

Context and relevance is important.

Well, he is still an :censored2: anyways.

There are a lot of words.... that can describe @UpstateNYUPSer.

Pompous, arrogant, self-absorbed, and a company BrownNose.

On a positive note;

He's not going to call me at 4:00am, needing me to bail him out of jail.

(and then MF me.... when he gets fired)

-Bug-