"No scans list"

Overpaid Union Thug

Using telematics reports to harass drivers, dishonest drivers hiding misloads, dishonest sups hiding misloads, and deeming certain misloads as unworthy to deliver? Man..........this company sure did go down hill fast.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I remember picking up line flights at the airport and delivering them. I also used to run misloaded air packages around the state to either the correct Center or to deliver. Most times I could beat the commit time. Now we just put the misload on the next Feeder run.
Those were the days buddy, easiest money in the world especially if the plane was late.

You're going to hear a heck of a lot more out of me if you hide it than if you are upfront with it.
wouldnt you get sick of adding 45-60 minutes to your day? Everyday? It gets old quick. I'll deliver it if they want. Then I send a message in telling them how long it takes. Funny I never get a response.

Overpaid Union Thug

I remember picking up line flights at the airport and delivering them. I also used to run misloaded air packages around the state to either the correct Center or to deliver. Most times I could beat the commit time. Now we just put the misload on the next Feeder run.

We often get misloaded NDAs for the hub that we get our trailers from. We could easily make service on those but it's been a very long time since I've seen that attempted.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Do you remember "line flights"?

Yes I do.

We would spend hundreds to make service on a package that was "our fault."

The company doesn't care anymore.

And they wonder why we are losing accounts to FedEx and the USPS.

Shippers payed the premium to us because our service was better.

Service is gone now. We should be renamed from UPS to UPMS.

(United Parcel Minus the Service.)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
wouldnt you get sick of adding 45-60 minutes to your day? Everyday? It gets old quick. I'll deliver it if they want. Then I send a message in telling them how long it takes. Funny I never get a response.
Everyday I get something that delays me going home by an hour, some issue that arose with a driver during the day. But I'm upfront with it and handle it. Hiding a misload because you don't want to deliver it is just dishonesty. I see a lot of complaining in this thread that UPS isn't about the customer anymore next to a lot of complaints about running misloads. So which is it?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I can recall our center manager driving NDA's to Albany to make sure they made service.
We have an early pull time for air since we're so remote. We send an air shuttle every night to another center in the state that has a late learjet flight direct to Louisville for a big air account. No way our center makes money on it, but our air gets out.

onestoptogo

Do you remember "line flights"?
When I was a preloader and exception air driver, line flights helped me get by until becoming full time. I live just few miles from the center and would get home and it would never fail that I would get a call for a line flight. This always seemed to happen during my morning nap. I've had supervisors knock on my door and ask me to come back to work when they kept getting a busy signal and they knew I was surfing the net on that speedy dial up connection for line flights. I have driven over 100 miles to another city to make service on a NDA package that was missorted. The company no longer cares about service. Today it is only about profit.

When I was a preloader and exception air driver, line flights helped me get by until becoming full time. I live just few miles from the center and would get home and it would never fail that I would get a call for a line flight. This always seemed to happen during my morning nap. I've had supervisors knock on my door and ask me to come back to work when they kept getting a busy signal and they knew I was surfing the net on that speedy dial up connection for line flights. I have driven over 100 miles to another city to make service on a NDA package that was missorted. The company no longer cares about service. Today it is only about profit.
I used to drive 90 miles (most of the Centers are 90 miles from the main Hub in my state) one way to other Centers to make service on NDA miss sorts. Drove a lot of hours but when it came time to work the car wash it was all OT.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Everyday I get something that delays me going home by an hour, some issue that arose with a driver during the day. But I'm upfront with it and handle it. Hiding a misload because you don't want to deliver it is just dishonesty. I see a lot of complaining in this thread that UPS isn't about the customer anymore next to a lot of complaints about running misloads. So which is it?
We almost never had a misload back in the day until pas came to town...just had to get the guys and gals to load one more car..so don't blame the drivers when the center has 50 misloads for the day...this is on ups....why so many misloads..so cut out 1 preloader making 10 bucks an hour and pay drivers 55 bucks an hour to run misloads then cry about the ot and meet points and over allowed and miles ...its amazing if you really think about it..