"No scans list"

PT Car Washer

We almost never had a misload back in the day until pas came to town...just had to get the guys and gals to load one more car..so don't blame the drivers when the center has 50 misloads for the day...this is on ups....why so many misloads..so cut out 1 preloader making 10 bucks an hour and pay drivers 55 bucks an hour to run misloads then cry about the ot and meet points and over allowed and miles ...its amazing if you really think about it..
If ORION can reduce every drivers miles UPS will save a hundred billion gallons of fuel a year.
Sure post packages are not guaranteed by a certain day, probably because the Post Office completes the delivery.
But yet the preload will hold up the driver with NDA to deliver because of a misplaced Surepost package. One of the reasons I quit driving NDA in the morning. A non commit sure post is just as important as a NDA because the preload can only have so many LIB.

Everyday I get something that delays me going home by an hour, some issue that arose with a driver during the day. But I'm upfront with it and handle it. Hiding a misload because you don't want to deliver it is just dishonesty. I see a lot of complaining in this thread that UPS isn't about the customer anymore next to a lot of complaints about running misloads. So which is it?
I agree that rolling pkgs is not the way to go. If it's on my car it gets sent in. The ball is then in mngmts court if they want me to deliver or sheet as missed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If ORION can reduce every drivers miles UPS will save a hundred billion gallons of fuel a year.

But yet the preload will hold up the driver with NDA to deliver because of a misplaced Surepost package. One of the reasons I quit driving NDA in the morning. A non commit sure post is just as important as a NDA because the preload can only have so many LIB.
I believe that miles number has been enhanced by ups... For shareholders enjoyment..you don't need Orion to cut down on miles just a Onroad sup who cares and a map ... We as a company are driving millions of miles a year doing misloads

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong, that just pulls it out of the board of the driver missing the package. You still have to put a disposition on it if it's on your pc

Most of the time they send me an ODS telling me to sheet as missed. If by chance they don't I simply bring the package in to the office and let them take care of it as sheeting it as missed without permission is not a battle I feel is worth fighting.

Dr.Brownz

wouldnt you get sick of adding 45-60 minutes to your day? Everyday? It gets old quick. I'll deliver it if they want. Then I send a message in telling them how long it takes. Funny I never get a response.

I used to think like that. Until I realized that I can accumulate so many DOT hours doing this I can get off early on Friday or more often than not be given the day off.

And a note to declining services at UPS: we have 3 routes than service the very rural outer limits of our service area, Im talking an hour and a half drive at least to the first stop and probably 3 hours back to the building from the farthest out stop. These routes regularly work 12 - 14 hours daily. Instead of putting in more routes or adjusting work loads to prevent service failures on every Friday, the company has decided to just roll everything that gets missed. Of course this has lead to more customers coming to pick stuff up which then reduced the hours on these routes. But remember according to every corporate prick who has given a speech in our PCM "The difference with UPS is service"