NO Transfers = No Vote on Atlantic Supplement

doug

Voting yes on the masters but voting no on the ATlantic area supplement on the bases of a non-economical issue of full time transfers a benifit needed and wanted. And I hope all that was in support of the transfer proposal will do the same. Make sure everyone knows voting no for the supplement does not mean no for the masters.

doug

Sent my vote off in the mail today. Yes on the masters No on the supplement. Would like to hear if anyone one else in the Atlantic supplement is going to vote no on the supplement.

tieguy

Banned
you are a single issue voter and don't understand the first thing about soladarity. You belong to a group. You told the leadership of the group what you wanted before they negotiated. You then have to accept that you're single issue was not very high on the overall groups list of items wanted. Once the contract offer is made you should basically decide whether or not the leadership did their job and represented the interest of the majority. If they did then its a yes vote all the way. If you want your single interest to gain prominence then get others in the group to also push for it until a majority are asking for the same thing.

This is the main principle of collective bargaining. Selfishly voting against the contract because your single issue was not represented discredits the whole collective bargaining process.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Wow, Tie, I didn't know you were so passionate about the entire process. Did you have to touch cardboard in 97? No worries, none of us want to go there ever again!:biggrin::biggrin:

tieguy

Banned
Wow, Tie, I didn't know you were so passionate about the entire process. Did you have to touch cardboard in 97? No worries, none of us want to go there ever again!:biggrin::biggrin:

Not really that passionate about it all. Just find it interesting to see the many posters here who don't seem to understand the first thing about unions and collective bargaining.

blue efficacy

Not many people do understand Unions, it seems. Many people seem to think that it's the right thing to do to keep taking more and more away from those employees who already have the least.

doug

As a 21 year Driver I know all about the process and That is why I am using my RIGHT to vote the way I choose just like you can do. Thats is why we get to vote the issue of transfers made it to the table but UPS refused to even talk about it. So those of us who believe this benifit is needed must stand and vote for what we believe in the same way I am standing up and voting on the masters. Alot of people in our union dont even vote or show up for meetings and have no idea about what goes on. Those of us who have been here 20 years plus know we should stand up and vote for what we believe in. We had over 300 signtures on a pettion in support of this proposal just out of our local.

Last edited:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
We had over 300 signtures on a pettion in support of this proposal just out of our local.

Then you shouldn't have a problem voting it down. That is....if those people show up to vote. Signing a petition and voting are two very different things. -Rocky

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
Not really that passionate about it all. Just find it interesting to see the many posters here who don't seem to understand the first thing about unions and collective bargaining.

Well we do realize one thing... after all your postings, you are truely the brain behind any type of collective bargaining, you know all the facts!! :wink: