Nobody wants to be pt Sup!Why?

UPSSOCKS

yes cause all of what you said is true my local dont play that game, cause of corrupted mangement theres have been lay offs to union memebers. thats why every night i hand in about 20 grievances to the HUB manager for supervisors working, harassment, on-job supervision, working in a unsafe environment.

20??? Your nose is growing... I bet you haven't file 20 in your entire career.. What kind of greivance would you file for on the job supervision?

ch3l3

20??? Your nose is growing... I bet you haven't file 20 in your entire career.. What kind of greivance would you file for on the job supervision?

Not just me but Full timers, Part timers........i dont know why you guys think its ok to steal hours from us and disrespect us. and all of your part time sups wonder why we dont show no respect to them. and today my union rep is coming to the hub to talk to the hub manager about all these grievances.

UPSSOCKS

Not just me but Full timers, Part timers........i dont know why you guys think its ok to steal hours from us and disrespect us. and all of your part time sups wonder why we dont show no respect to them. and today my union rep is coming to the hub to talk to the hub manager about all these grievances.

OH NO!!!!!!! A union rep!!!!!!! I bet management hides.. PM me and let me know if everyone is ok after he leaves... :)

ch3l3

OH NO!!!!!!! A union rep!!!!!!! I bet management hides.. PM me and let me know if everyone is ok after he leaves... :)

Not only hides but they stand still when he is walking around the hub. Thats the only time you guys stop violating the contract when our top guys come down here and put ya in check. And everyone is ok we got a strong brotherhood. i really do feel bad for the sups they get stress attacks or on medication just to get thru the night.( its that the type of life you wana follow? I know I dont!)

deleted9

and i am sure they will all be retraced or denied.

deleted9

Not only hides but they stand still when he is walking around the hub. Thats the only time you guys stop violating the contract when our top guys come down here and put ya in check. And everyone is ok we got a strong brotherhood. i really do feel bad for the sups they get stress attacks or on medication just to get thru the night.( its that the type of life you wana follow? I know I dont!)

Really interesting and where do you work FANTASYLAND......

UPSSOCKS

Interesting.. They stand still?? Top Guys?? Does top refer to the "top" of the pyramid scheme? I usually do exactly what your "top guys" don't want to see when they come for a visit. It sorta sends a statement to the employees that their "top guys" have less power than they do. Stress is a natural thing, how you handle stress is the defining factor. I am compensated very well to have to deal with stress, and I handle it very well. Anyone that can't handle the stress that comes with the job should seek employment elsewhere. The company does a nice job of weeding out those who can't handle the pressure..

jeepupser

Being a sup is the worst job you can have at UPS. The management doesn't respect you that much and you are basically spouting orders. When hourlies and others screw up (missorts, safety violations, bad pph, accidents, etc) they take the blame for it. The hourlies don't respect the managers and people don't like getting yelled at. Also, no union, no benefits and a lot of paperwork and I believe I covered it all.

methods

I have been a pt sup for 4 years. yes it is stressful, yes i get yelled at, yes i am forced to do multiple jobs outside of my own. but to those who have thrown in the towel... what were you really expecting going into this? i have been with ups all of my working life and i have come to the conclusion that the ups culture is not for the weak hearted. i love my job and see every added responsibility as a challenge. it is my responsibility as the "bottom of the bucket" management to overcome, prove myself, and show what i am made of. i currently supervise 13 pt hourlies, to whom i show respect and refuse to unfairly steal work from. my employees return the respect that is shown to them by completing tasks in a timely manner, and not filing when push comes to shove and i am forced to pick up the slack to ensure service commitments are kept. after working on four different sorts i can honestly say it is possible for teamsters and management to work together and effectively complete our daily operations.

ps. UPSSOCKS i've gotta say, i agree completely with every one of your posts on this forum.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have been a pt sup for 4 years. yes it is stressful, yes i get yelled at, yes i am forced to do multiple jobs outside of my own. but to those who have thrown in the towel... what were you really expecting going into this? i have been with ups all of my working life and i have come to the conclusion that the ups culture is not for the weak hearted. i love my job and see every added responsibility as a challenge. it is my responsibility as the "bottom of the bucket" management to overcome, prove myself, and show what i am made of. i currently supervise 13 pt hourlies, to whom i show respect and refuse to unfairly steal work from. my employees return the respect that is shown to them by completing tasks in a timely manner, and not filing when push comes to shove and i am forced to pick up the slack to ensure service commitments are kept. after working on four different sorts i can honestly say it is possible for teamsters and management to work together and effectively complete our daily operations.

ps. UPSSOCKS i've gotta say, i agree completely with every one of your posts on this forum.

congrats

lemming.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I can't get enough of this post!

Wow if this didn't say it all ...

i currently supervise 13 pt hourlies, to whom i show respect and refuse to unfairly steal work from. my employees return the respect that is shown to them by completing tasks in a timely manner, and not filing when push comes to shove and i am forced to pick up the slack to ensure service commitments are kept. after working on four different sorts i can honestly say it is possible for teamsters and management to work together and effectively complete our daily operations.

All you are saying is: (1) you are a walking contradiction (refuse to unfairly steal work from, but when push comes to shove I am forced to pick up the slack and work)

(2) your employees have no guts, or
(3) your employees have no respect for you (maybe both)
(4) your employees are throwing you under the bus by not filing grievances for you stealing work you admitted to ( they want you to work and make your job worse! ha ha look at that pimple nose kid working, mgmt has no respect for him.)

There are the usual younger, arrogant PT sups who do bargaining unit work . what I do is: when they are working, I watch them or follow them, with a big smile, but rarely file a grievance. Someone else will file in the end, anyhow. Usually a PT sup that I have some level of respect for I'll file a grievance so perhaps a different PT sup will be abused by their FT..

Those are just the first three things off the top of my head. Classic PT sup post, gets no respect from either side.

Last edited:

Notcool

I load two trucks on reload that get hit at the same time with heavy flow constantly if my sup which I respect because he is a nice guy and helps me load. We don't have enough loaders to get help and everyone gets smashed. I always get 4 hours at least a night. So I like my Sup helping me out. I am usually have the highest pph as well. We are required 300pph but I normally run well into 400pph. hardly ever get misloads too. If my sup didn't help me and others we would never get out at a decent time.

softshoe

I load two trucks on reload that get hit at the same time with heavy flow constantly if my sup which I respect because he is a nice guy and helps me load. We don't have enough loaders to get help and everyone gets smashed. I always get 4 hours at least a night. So I like my Sup helping me out. I am usually have the highest pph as well. We are required 300pph but I normally run well into 400pph. hardly ever get misloads too. If my sup didn't help me and others we would never get out at a decent time.

Looks like UPS should hire more help. Keep that Sup out of your Cars

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Have you ever thought that if people filed grievances, that you would have another co-worker hired to help out (you know, doing the right thing and helping to create another job for someone who needs it) .. instead of the company stealing minutes and hours by violating the contract.

From what you posted here, you have no interest in keeping your job. That is how I feel about people who are just stomped on at UPS and allow them to run rampant. When I hear posts like yours, as painful as it sounds and it is a good lesson learned: maybe the next job cut is your job cut. You won't be loading anymore, it will just be the sup taking over your job. When someone DOES begin grieving, they'll hire someone back to replace you and be back to square one except cheaper labor.

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

Have you ever thought that if people filed grievances, that you would have another co-worker hired to help out (you know, doing the right thing and helping to create another job for someone who needs it) .. instead of the company stealing minutes and hours by violating the contract.

From what you posted here, you have no interest in keeping your job. That is how I feel about people who are just stomped on at UPS and allow them to run rampant. When I hear posts like yours, as painful as it sounds and it is a good lesson learned: maybe the next job cut is your job cut. You won't be loading anymore, it will just be the sup taking over your job. When someone DOES begin grieving, they'll hire someone back to replace you and be back to square one except cheaper labor.

Don't listen to these fools. Wouldn't you rather just stand around while a couple of management guys help out the poor, beaten, tired, workforce? Deep down your doing the right thing. Your saving your "brothers" from having to do too much work. I like guys like you. I keep them in every pocket. Most of the time they will sign off on any greivance that they were being trained. Keep up the good work kid!!!

washington57

Don't listen to these fools. Wouldn't you rather just stand around while a couple of management guys help out the poor, beaten, tired, workforce? Deep down your doing the right thing. Your saving your "brothers" from having to do too much work. I like guys like you. I keep them in every pocket. Most of the time they will sign off on any greivance that they were being trained. Keep up the good work kid!!!

you are the best ups troll ever. this post is almost as funny as the guy who created a future past practice!