Nobody wants to be pt Sup!Why?

UPSSOCKS

The bttm line is that become a PT SUP is a UPS career killer. PT SUP have .01% chance of being promoted it is a dead end job.

Obviously in my situation I disagree, but if you want to talk numbers let's talk numbers. What do you think the percentage of part time union workers get full time.. It's much lower than part time sups going fulltime management. You would think your union would push for more full time jobs. Don't get me wrong they pretend to, but why would your union want to keep all of you part time??

UPSSOCKS

yes i am a new steward but not a corrupted steward i do not take side deals or make behiind the scene deals thats not my style, i refuse to make deals just to help ma self and not my union memebers. it makes me laugh how sum P/T sups when they first start think they have a high postion then they start talking down towards you. i always make these newbies shut up by telling them "dont forget where you came from, you used to be a worker like me, you wasnt hired as a supervisor just a worker dont forget that." let me ask you a question whats more important!? Production or Safety? answer me that

They are right talking down to you, they have a stripe.. you don't... They are your boss. What's more important production or safety. I guess it depends on who you are. You may not be corrupt yet, but wait until you get a taste of the corrupt kool aid. You will be just like all the rest. You will sell your soul to the company at the expense of your union "brothers" just wait and see. You will be in a managers pocket before the end of the year. I just gave my union steward football tickets, in exchange for a Brown Up Day, where it's no holds bar and the sups come in wearing street clothes. Wait until you see the production numbers next Friday.

brownone

yes i am a new steward but not a corrupted steward i do not take side deals or make behiind the scene deals thats not my style, i refuse to make deals just to help ma self and not my union memebers. it makes me laugh how sum P/T sups when they first start think they have a high postion then they start talking down towards you. i always make these newbies shut up by telling them "dont forget where you came from, you used to be a worker like me, you wasnt hired as a supervisor just a worker dont forget that." let me ask you a question whats more important!? Production or Safety? answer me that

Safety is more important than production, but it is possible to work safe and make production numbers.

ch3l3

If they have any classes in using the English language you may want to consider signing up. Your grievances must be a joy to read, based on your posts....

woowww what a ignorant comment smh @ some people these days; i aint on no e-thug stuff so i wont reply in a hostile manner towards you =x

brownone

woowww what a ignorant comment smh @ some people these days; i aint on no e-thug stuff so i wont reply in a hostile manner towards you =x

Definition of ignorant is: lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned. None of these descibe my answer to you. Not to be mean, but it does describe your ability to spell and the use of simple grammar. I really do not understand the rest of your post.

UPSSOCKS

all im saying is, its better to stay in the union cause the union gives job secruity.

Yes stay union, keep paying dues to lose what you already have. I understand you are new union steward, and very eager to make a difference, but you are all alone. You represent a union that only cares about themselves. The union isn't even capable of striking anymore. The bad part is, even though you are no longer united, someone is still filthy rich from everyones union dues.

brownone

Both paths offer opportunity, just depends on what you want. Being a good hourly worker does not always translate into a good management person. Many people go into Part Time Management knowing that they will not get promoted at UPS, but that it looks great on a resume.