Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Not a bad weekend. Final count was 600 9mm’s loaded....... now the hunt for small pistol primers is on. Although I did get some encouragement yesterday when the shelves that were once empty at the gun shop are now full of powder and the bullet section is starting to come back. Gives me hope we will be back to “”normal”” or close to normal in a few months.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Screenshot_20201215-172531_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Mutineer

Thinking about one of these for giggles ^^^^^^^^^^
Friend of mine has had one for years. Romanian. AFAIK, most all available ammo is and always has been corrosive milsurp. He handloads his and the dies were $$$. Casts his own bullets, too. Downloads a bit to cut down on the noise.The biggest determining factor of the accuracy will be if the barrel is pitted and was properly cleaned every time after firing corrosive ammo before it was put away.

It copies many features of the 1911. It's very skinny and does NOT have a safety, although I believe many were retrofitted with a safety at some point in order to satisfy import requirements. It's also quite loud. With full power, factory ammo it's louder than most pistols. Seriously. Stun a buffalo loud. If you shoot one without hearing protection, the rest of your conversations that day will be composed of you asking "what did you say?" I manage to hit what I aim at within reason and for the $, a very decent pistol.

Mutineer

No you can’t
Indeed. Not that I need any. There was also quite a primer shortage during the entire Clinton administration. But it's worse this time. During that time, I was buying primers at gun shows that were made in the '50s. I once bought a brick of Win LR primers that were so old they had pieces of wood in the trays to serve as dividers! They all worked, though. Every single one.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Friend of mine has had one for years. Romanian. AFAIK, most all available ammo is and always has been corrosive milsurp. He handloads his and the dies were $$$. Casts his own bullets, too. Downloads a bit to cut down on the noise.The biggest determining factor of the accuracy will be if the barrel is pitted and was properly cleaned every time after firing corrosive ammo before it was put away.

It copies many features of the 1911. It's very skinny and does NOT have a safety, although I believe many were retrofitted with a safety at some point in order to satisfy import requirements. It's also quite loud. With full power, factory ammo it's louder than most pistols. Seriously. Stun a buffalo loud. If you shoot one without hearing protection, the rest of your conversations that day will be composed of you asking "what did you say?" I manage to hit what I aim at within reason and for the $, a very decent pistol.
The ones featured have had a safety fitted and have been "refurbished". The country of origin is not given.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Indeed. Not that I need any. There was also quite a primer shortage during the entire Clinton administration. But it's worse this time. During that time, I was buying primers at gun shows that were made in the '50s. I once bought a brick of Win LR primers that were so old they had pieces of wood in the trays to serve as dividers! They all worked, though. Every single one.

I could really use some small pistol primers. In a bad bad bad bad way

Mutineer

Commercial M1 carbine. Examples I've dealt with were made by (more like put together) I forget who in Hialeah Fla. Often composed of newly made and milsurp parts. I have an old four cavity SAECO mould for it. I have one made by National Postal Meter. Very good, cheap plinker that is perfect for cast bullets. The hammer strike isn't the strongest in the world and I suspect that small pistol primers could be substituted. Though I've never bothered to try.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Commercial M1 carbine. Examples I've dealt with were made by I forget who in Hialeah Fla. Often composed of newly made and milsurp parts. I have an old four cavity SAECO mould for it. I have one made by National Postal Meter. Very good, cheap plinker that is perfect for cast bullets. The hammer strike isn't the strongest in the world and I suspect that small pistol primers could be substituted. Though I've never bothered to try.
Universal. This ones a mutt. Like me. I got it for a really good price so I couldn’t pass it up at. I went to 11 stores to find one and finally found this one.

Rarefish383

Colt model 1927, 11.25 mm, made in 1948.
9goqSG5.jpg

My real passion is Savage Model 1899/99 lever guns. The first is a 1912 model H take down in 22 HiPower, with a 1912 cantilevered Malcolm 3X scope. The 22 HP is a 30-30 necked down to .228. The second is a 1928 Model K engraved with a 1928 Noske 4X scope in 300 Savage.
4mZ5ywy.jpg

J3YTYkL.jpg

gk9qOQw.jpg