Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Oh man. I will say though than I'm torn between the 686 and a Browning Hi Power. I've always been a pretty big fan of both.

browning_arms_company_montreal_www.Vvallpaper.net.jpg

sailfish

@silverbullet2893 my adrenaline is through the roof right now. Boy did I make the right phone calls at the right time. Got a guy hooking me up with the only one he has in stock and he has no idea if or when the hell he'll ever get another one. Blue finish. Everything just like the picture but mine has adjustable rear sights. The 686 can wait for another time.

1367987883815.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
@silverbullet2893 my adrenaline is through the roof right now. Boy did I make the right phone calls at the right time. Got a guy hooking me up with the only one he has in stock and he has no idea if or when the hell he'll ever get another one. Blue finish. Everything just like the picture but mine has adjustable rear sights. The 686 can wait for another time.

View attachment 132431

Both the Hi Power and 686 are excellent choices so depends on your preferences. I think some Hi Powers are a bit finicky about ammo - especially hollow points and the triggers can be gritty but still a very solid defensive pistol.

sailfish

Both the Hi Power and 686 are excellent choices so depends on your preferences. I think some Hi Powers are a bit finicky about ammo - especially hollow points and the triggers can be gritty but still a very solid defensive pistol.
I know I only bother using FMJ in my 1911. The Hi Power was designed by the same guy and is pretty much from the same era (abeit with some improvements) so it wouldn't surprise me if it behaved the same way. I've heard they're not quite as ammo snobbish as the 1911 but I guess I'll soon find out.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know I only bother using FMJ in my 1911. The Hi Power was designed by the same guy and is pretty much from the same era (abeit with some improvements) so it wouldn't surprise me if it behaved the same way. I've heard they're not quite as ammo snobbish as the 1911 but I guess I'll soon find out.

Designed by Browning but other people completed his plans and started making the pistol several years after his death. Way ahead of its time and holds up well against newer designs.

sailfish

That's one more bucket gun off my list. Oh man. This thing's got a finish like black glass. Fits my hand like a glove and racks as smooth as warm butter. Can't wait to take it out.

DSCN2384.JPG

DSCN2383.JPG

DSCN2385.JPG

DSCN2386.JPG

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I like it but never shot one myself. It doesn't do anything several other cartridges can do but it's a nice option.

Found a CZ 452-2e ZKM (I believe it's a 452) .17 Mach II. I like it, but I love my CZ's so I'm kinda biased. Would love to get it. Beautiful gun. Just don't wanna buy it to look at.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
I'm looking for a new carry gun if anyone has any recommendations. I have a S&W Bodyguard and hate it. I'm thinking I want a 9mm.

sailfish

Nice looking piece my friend
Thank you, sir.

I've been wanting this same gun. Let me know how you like it! I looked at it at a gun show and almost went home with it but they wanted too much.
Not gonna lie. I put a pretty penny on this thing. But I've been trying to get my hands on a new one for years and they just seem to be impossible to get. Still paid less than MSRP and most other listings so I made out.