Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I can't speak on Toolcraft specifically but I used a nickel boron coated one in my build almost five years ago that has yet to see a single malfunction.
Who manufactured the one you speak of? 5.56/223? Is it Fully semi automatic? Lol…. Any idea on how many rounds went through it?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Who manufactured the one you speak of? 5.56/223? Is it Fully semi automatic? Lol…. Any idea on how many rounds went through it?
It's a WMD, .223 Wylde. Have probably put around 2,000 5.56 through it at this point. Would probably be a lot more by now but I built it in 2019 and almost immediately after that as you probably know ammo prices went to the :censored2:ing moon.

sailfish

Could you explain why? I’m not disagreeing, I just have never heard that position.
I think steel guns are inherently nicer than polymer mostly from an aesthetic and styling standpoint but also in feel but I'm neither a fan of manual safeties nor DA/SA. I prefer the consistent, one-step trigger of a striker fired action, akin to a double-action revolver.

Some of the new compact 9's are almost as small as .380's. While the 9 is a lot more powerful a .380 is probably enough gun if you ever have to use one.
.380 is perfectly adequate in cqb. I bought two for my (ex)wife and daughter for Christmas, Ruger security 380s, they're great. I would much rather have a 124gr HST or V-Crown than any 100gr if I can have it.

I think steel guns are inherently nicer than polymer mostly from an aesthetic and styling standpoint but also in feel but I'm neither a fan of manual safeties nor DA/SA. I prefer the consistent, one-step trigger of a striker fired action, akin to a double-action revolver.
I love the P-07 for carry. DA/SA is nice for making sure you can't shoot your dick off but a quality trigger (like the omega) makes it nicer for sure.

sailfish

I love the P-07 for carry. DA/SA is nice for making sure you can't shoot your dick off but a quality trigger (like the omega) makes it nicer for sure.
The 2019 rerelease of the Colt King Cobra has really been a Goldilocks gun for me. It's been on me almost exclusively since I started carrying it.

1708309261817.png

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
It's a WMD, .223 Wylde. Have probably put around 2,000 5.56 through it at this point. Would probably be a lot more by now but I built it in 2019 and almost immediately after that as you probably know ammo prices went to the :censored2:ing moon.
Ya ammo is like the damn stock market now. Gotta wait for the dip. Couple weeks ago I got 500 rounds brass 7.62x39 s&b for 250 bones off a dude on my route. Cheapest ive seen it in a long time. He said that the brass was cheaper than the steel he had lol

My toolcraft bcg came in today and has a smoove polish and the staking on the gas key is done well. Impressed so far.