Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Any trouble getting affordable 8mm Mauser ammunition?

I got lucky. I got 2 packs with my Yugo Mauser and then with my k98 I'll be getting quite a bit of ammo with it. All surplus. The surplus ammo must've dried up. I haven't seen surplus 8mm for a long time. I reload, so I'm thinking I might have to start loading for it.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Military surplus 8x57 ammo is way hotter than modern commercial loads. I have a crappy 98k I wouldn't trust to shoot the hotter stuff in but I do use it in my FN49

That's my fear. although, this one is in good shape, I just don't wanna risk it. It may be something that I shoot a few times and just put away.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
98's are a very strong action but I am leery of the strength of those made later in the war. Mine was made in 1943.

Speaking of k98's. I got my German now. Next one on my list is a CZ made k98. Seen some pics of one a guy had bought with the CZ BRNO markings on it. Wow. I am a complete CZ fanatic. That would be icing on the cake. Either that or a Swede Mauser. Uggggh the possibilities are endless.

oldngray

nowhere special
SKS.png

SKS

oldngray

nowhere special
What scope is that

Going on a prairie dog hunt in a couple weeks like to put a scope on my sks and take it along just for sheets and giggles

Its a Tasco 4X with illuminated reticle. Cheap scope I had laying around. Its mounted on rings welded to the receiver cover. Nothing fancy but makes a big difference in hitting targets in reasonable range for that rifle.