Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Its a Tasco 4X with illuminated reticle. Cheap scope I had laying around. Its mounted on rings welded to the receiver cover. Nothing fancy but makes a big difference in hitting targets in reasonable range for that rifle.

Was reading about scope mounts for an sks general consensus was they won't stay zeroed but these weren't welded

oldngray

nowhere special
Was reading about scope mounts for an sks general consensus was they won't stay zeroed but these weren't welded

It will usually lose zero when I remove the cover to clean it but still stays close enough to quickly zero it again, then will keep zeroed until I finish shooting.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why do people find the need to sporterize (spelling? Lol) m1 garands and k98's. Oh my God that literally makes me want to puke

k98's used to be cheap and readily available. Strong action that was easily sporterized and there didn't used to be as much collector interest. I don't think many Garands were sporterized. About the only changes I can think of is turning them into fake jungle carbines or sniper models.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have a Springfield 03A3 some idiot butchered in a half assed attempt to sporterize. One of these days I will get a new stock to return it to almost original condition. I picked it up cheap and for now it is just to occasionally shoot for fun.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
20170719_152447.jpg
20170719_152536.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Multiple videos on YouTube about SKS trigger jobs. Still leery of trying it. My Machinist Dad may have a few thoughts on the subject.

I wouldn't mess with the trigger. Mine isn't bad for a typical 2 stage military trigger, plus SKS's have a floating firing pin that might accidentally discharge (if dropped but I wouldn't want to combine that with an iffy trigger).