Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Now there is a great idea, stick the numbers on, buy a gross of them, Merry Christmas from your awesome UPS driver, you now have a house number. You could save lives!! I often ask people what would happen in an emergency situation, if your house is not marked. They usually say nothing.
Thank you, I have wondered the same thing and ask why too. Same answer silence .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had an apartment complex with messed up numbers and then they went through and remodeled and changed what building was what address and messed them up even worse.
I have one that had a fire and now none of the buzzers work. Over 80 apts. Now they hang notes on the door to please call, Ill be here in 5 minutes, LOL. Yes like I am going to use my phone and sit here and wait, not.

novadriver

I have one that had a fire and now none of the buzzers work. Over 80 apts. Now they hang notes on the door to please call, Ill be here in 5 minutes, LOL. Yes like I am going to use my phone and sit here and wait, not.
i have this one townhouse complex where none of the houses have numbers on them except fot the ones with garages... but theres mailboxes with numbers on them so i just sheet as no listing an drive away. i aint no inspectoer gadget nor do i care to be..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
i have this one townhouse complex where none of the houses have numbers on them except fot the ones with garages... but theres mailboxes with numbers on them so i just sheet as no listing an drive away. i aint no inspectoer gadget nor do i care to be..
what is this no listing key you speak of?

novadriver

I just looked, I dont want to spend alot, I dont use it that often. Do you find the 220 lumens enough to light up a front porch? I have an old light I have used for years, but I need a little more.
for 39.99 homerdepot has a nice spot light for up to 1181ft ...its nice and will fit in big cup holder

Packmule

Friday i got sent out on in the blind on a new route im going to be covering from now on. I have late pickups, and got stuck doing resi's in the dark, with no mailboxes or curbs with numbers on them.. I didnt get back to building until 945pm. So today i bought a spotlight at homerdepot hoping i can shed some light on there addresses easier.. Anyone ever use a spotlight during the dark for deliverys?
Now they will hang a Christmas wreath over the number. That's when you need a laser beam from Home Depot to burn it off! Lol

Packmule

What we really need is a Federal law prohibiting any mail or package carrier from delivering to any address that does not have a house number posted that meets local 911 ordinances.
Problem solved.