Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said I have done it, but it makes me uncomfortable. I really dont want some big hairy guy (or woman) who doesnt have enough sense to number their house, to see me rummaging in their box.

I have a lot of college housing on my area and the kids are not always good about putting apartment numbers on their packages.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I use a 900 lumen flashlight , it's not very big and it fits in my pocket also the batteries are rechargeable
If you have a UPS store near you, they take the batteries out of remotes for Comcast/ATT as they can't be shipped with them per the shipper RTS instructions. I haven't paid for AA batteries in over 8 years. Works great for us as we have Xbox controllers, headlamps, fishing lights, among other things that use them. Just ask them next time you're there as at my stores, there's a drawer full of them (100+) at any given time.

Packmule

On rare occasion when I'm not short on time, I've called the number on the box (if present) and listened to see if the phone in the house I'm at starts ringing.

Namraputs

I just looked, I dont want to spend alot, I dont use it that often. Do you find the 220 lumens enough to light up a front porch? I have an old light I have used for years, but I need a little more.

Yep, the beam focuses tight enough to light up at a distance, and then as I'm walking up I bring it out to a flood. It works well with regular AAs, rechargeables are lower voltage and not as much light. I use rechargable lithium batteries now, you get the highest amount of light, and can recharge. Just don't put them in anything other than the flashlight, they're higher voltage.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Meh, don't use a spotlight anymore. If I can't find the number because the customer is too lazy to number the house, I usually just pull up to where I think the house is and light the box afire. I've found that most of these package ninjas are peeping out their windows anyways waiting for me to drop the the package so they can snatch it before I make it back to my truck. Even the laziest of them tend to move fast when they see the entrails of their Zappos and QVC boxes lit ablaze soaring through a yard.

novadriver

Meh, don't use a spotlight anymore. If I can't find the number because the customer is too lazy to number the house, I usually just pull up to where I think the house is and light the box afire. I've found that most of these package ninjas are peeping out their windows anyways waiting for me to drop the the package so they can snatch it before I make it back to my truck. Even the laziest of them tend to move fast when they see the entrails of their Zappos and QVC boxes lit ablaze soaring through a yard.
loll.. the other day i was pulling pkgs out of the truck and the customer came out of his house, at top of stairs, he just stood there, so i pulled his neighbors pkgs out an delivered theres first then delivered his to the garage.. since he couldnt walk down to bottom of stairs to get his 4 boxes of junk..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
loll.. the other day i was pulling pkgs out of the truck and the customer came out of his house, at top of stairs, he just stood there, so i pulled his neighbors pkgs out an delivered theres first then delivered his to the garage.. since he couldnt walk down to bottom of stairs to get his 4 boxes of junk..
We should talk about Shamu and pig vomit baby orca someday! She is one of my favorite customers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last peak I got a good laugh from my helper who shook his head with amazement as I jetted around my area in the dark. Semi-rural with not much lighting. It took me a long while to learn the area so I sympathize with anybody having trouble in the dark.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Depending on your safety, and your mood, I really dont think a whole lot of effort at this point should be made at trying to decipher which one of 3 could be the right one. If you have time you could walk up to each door, and ask, some areas they do not know their address, some dont know their neighbors name.
Or do your math, look, at the ones before them and ass-u-me then dr , drop and run and pray for no follow up or message : you left a package at the front door customer can't find, call the center.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have verified which unmarked house I was at by opening the glove box in an unlocked vehicle and reading the address on the registration.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
WE used to put pkgs in cars all the time...we used to....and put the license number in remarks column. Um I dont do that anymore. I guess you could on a route you know its their car. Its a different animal if you know the route and the people.