NorCal Supplement The Way 22.4 Should have been in the Master

F

Frankie's Friend

The IBT doesn't break that down. But, I bet they know....
That's strategy 101. Those folks aren't dumb in that realm.
Compile data, trends, then apply it.
If part timers didn't like the $13 hour starting rate and no catch up raises, then maybe they should've voted. As a full time employee, I'm not jeopardizing my livelihood because a bunch of part timers refused to vote

What was the voting percentages of part timers and Full timers?
Spohr made a blanket statement.
I wanted to see if they would qualify it knowing that without inside info there's no way to prove the statement.
Trends say FT vote. This cba may have a different ratio...somewhat.

browned out

Metro Detroit will get some NorCal language included in our Rider/supplement. Hopefully, some of the other rejected supplements can add NorCal language as well.

It is appalling that the other supplements were forced thru this time. Last contract, all supplements that were voted down were able to gain improvements.

Taylor/Hoffa did not follow the Teamster Constitution when they declared those supplements ratified.

I will, at all times, act solely in the interests of our members, devote the resources of our Union to furthering their needs and goals, work to maintain a Union that is free of corruption, to preserve and strengthen democratic principles in our Union, and to protect the members’ interests in all dealings with employers. I will never forget that it is the members who put me here, and it is the members whom I will serve.

How does forcing supplements thru fulfill the Teamsters responsibity to protect the members?

They only selectively follow the constitution.