Not Allowed To Drink Water While Stopped At A Red Light

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I brought a can of WD40 that's been in my garage for ages to work. If you spray it down into the bottom of the contacts once every few days and then scrub around with your finger on the contacts + bottom of diad it'll work for days. If you're on a really dusty route then maybe once a day with some wiping throughout the day.
:rolleyes:

GenericUsername

I honestly don't get what's up with most of you people. It's a tool that's supposed to help you out. Sure, you might not need it, but that cover driver who might run your route blind will be eternally grateful if you keep your stuff in working order. If you're against me using WD40 that I'm not using, you could just use a wipe (that you can get at your center) and wipe it that way periodically. It takes no time, gets your supervisors off your ass, and life goes on.

BrownSnowFlake

I honestly don't get what's up with most of you people. It's a tool that's supposed to help you out. Sure, you might not need it, but that cover driver who might run your route blind will be eternally grateful if you keep your stuff in working order. If you're against me using WD40 that I'm not using, you could just use a wipe (that you can get at your center) and wipe it that way periodically. It takes no time, gets your supervisors off your ass, and life goes on.
You gotta remember that most BC posters have driven exactly one route in the current century and will seethe for days after their supervisor told them to try and have fewer backs.

Ghost in the Darkness

I have known for a few years now what would make the cradles work better but I'm not going to do it. They can maintain their own flawed equipment. This last cradle they put in my truck started acting up the first day I had it.

Cowboy Mac

I have known for a few years now what would make the cradles work better but I'm not going to do it. They can maintain their own flawed equipment. This last cradle they put in my truck started acting up the first day I had it.
If they wanted to have cradles that last they should have designed them better. Mines been broken for almost a year and I’ve asked about having it replaced more than once. Still the same old broken cradle…Whatever, I don’t need it. The only part I liked was keeping the diad charged.

Cowboy Mac

The cradle doesn’t help me out with anything. It’s a distraction and a crutch. That’s why our cover drivers suck now. Just stare at the gps while it takes them to the next Orion stop. Don’t remember how many pieces or HIN numbers. Don’t know their next street or pickup or delivery anymore. Don’t bother to verify house numbers because the gps says it’s this house right here. That’s why I end up with 3 DFUs every time I come back from vacation.

GenericUsername

The cradle doesn’t help me out with anything.
It literally tells you HIN + package count. Saying it doesn't help you with anything is a flat out lie. You can literally look at it as you're putting the car into gear/turning off and know where you're going without even looking at your board after you stand up and go into the cargo area.

Cowboy Mac

It literally tells you HIN + package count. Saying it doesn't help you with anything is a flat out lie. You can literally look at it as you're putting the car into gear/turning off and know where you're going without even looking at your board after you stand up and go into the cargo area.
That’s the point! The cradle trains you to stop thinking for yourself. So when the cradle stops working, the tears start rolling. Before the cradles, we used to use our BRAINS to memorize things.

GenericUsername

That’s the point! The cradle trains you to stop thinking for yourself. So when the cradle stops working, the tears start rolling. Before the cradles, we used to use our BRAINS to memorize things.
There's seriously no point in having to remember how many packages and the HIN for a stop. It allows you to focus more on the things around you and planning your route. The cradle grounds me more. I'm able to think ahead way further than before we had nav units. I will admit that it is an absolute pain in the ass when it's completely in the wrong order, you have stops every 80 feet, and many other things, but I will die on this hill that it doesn't help you with anything.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I have a tractor fleet now but when I did package car the diad write ups were the lowest priority for me, I circle back to them when redtags were low after important things were done. Every so often I would get a hot list of trucks that our boss would promise to fix the cradle, then I would move it ahead of the redtags.

It sucks but that is the way it is. I have 8 hours most days, sometimes 9.5 when they open OT. We have to prioritize the safety and potential road call writeups, and redtaged equipment means less routes so they need those trucks back more than the cradle or other non safety items.

Last edited:

BrownSnowFlake

That’s why our cover drivers suck now.
Don't blame the technology alone for low-effort workers. It's a map but more convenient. The problems of the younger generation were also caused by absent parents and a failing public school system.
Before the cradles, we used to use our BRAINS to memorize things.
I could train a monkey to train other monkeys to do this job.

Don’t bother to verify house numbers because the gps says it’s this house right here. That’s why I end up with 3 DFUs every time I come back from vacation.
Again, this is not the technology's fault. You have more options to verify addresses than ever before. We all have access to satellite imagery and search engines of public records in our pockets. This whole country is full of hillbillies who let their house numbers wear off and don't bother to replace them. I verify addresses on Google Maps 3 or 4 times a day. What would you do 20 years ago, knock on doors and hope somebody is home like a jackass? I even find houses where the customer fat-fingered their address and typed a 4 instead of a 7. I could kick it back to the clerk as NSN but I go the extra mile. I get no extra money or pats on the back for this. Just the satisfaction of a job well done.

oldngray

nowhere special
Don't blame the technology alone for low-effort workers. It's a map but more convenient. The problems of the younger generation were also caused by absent parents and a failing public school system.

I could train a monkey to train other monkeys to do this job.

Again, this is not the technology's fault. You have more options to verify addresses than ever before. We all have access to satellite imagery and search engines of public records in our pockets. This whole country is full of hillbillies who let their house numbers wear off and don't bother to replace them. I verify addresses on Google Maps 3 or 4 times a day. What would you do 20 years ago, knock on doors and hope somebody is home like a jackass? I even find houses where the customer fat-fingered their address and typed a 4 instead of a 7. I could kick it back to the clerk as NSN but I go the extra mile. I get no extra money or pats on the back for this. Just the satisfaction of a job well done.
Google maps is not 100% reliable

BrownSnowFlake

Google maps is not 100% reliable
Neither is EDD but if I misdeliver a package I'll own my mistake and make it right. Meanwhile the preload is giving me 3 or 4 misloads a day. If I have 200 pieces that's a 2% error rate. When I was a loader in the sorting hub I was expected to keep my misload rate better than 1 in 10k or get a warning letter.

brownman2075

Honestly Orion has been a complete royal pain in the ass. I know how to run my route without it and the shelf order is dispatched in exactly the order it should be delivered. Follow Orion, your bound to get injured and/or be out all night. The cradle is great for keeping the DIAD charged though. I miss the original delivery order in EDD before Orion came along. I find myself thinking and remembering more now because Orion is so unreliable and now constantly is changing the order on route.