not looking good for express..

Ricochet1a

I have a feeling if we put our names down and mail them out...we would all be terminated.

You wouldn't be terminated just due to having the audacity to write to Fred (you would get an OLCC though), you would be set up to be terminated for other things, since you have openly identified youself as being "disgruntled". Disgruntled employees have a giant bulls-eye placed on them, and very rarely do they last more than 6 months (before their manager and Sr. have amassed enough documentation to cover themselves for terminating your employment for "other reasons")

It sounds like a fairy tale. So much so.... that her post should begin with " Once upon a time in a far away purple land some folks wrote a letter and they lived happily ever after"

If it sounds too good to be true, it more often than not is.

NO ONE should be suckered in by someone who sees "rainbow spotted unicorns that fart glitter and perfume". Your own judgment and experience should tell you to be WARY of someone whose view of the world contains unicorns - while you only experience being dumped on at every opportunity your employer can manage.

Goldilocks

You wouldn't be terminated just due to having the audacity to write to Fred (you would get an OLCC though), you would be set up to be terminated for other things, since you have openly identified youself as being "disgruntled". Disgruntled employees have a giant bulls-eye placed on them, and very rarely do they last more than 6 months (before their manager and Sr. have amassed enough documentation to cover themselves for terminating your employment for "other reasons")

If it sounds too good to be true, it more often than not is.

NO ONE should be suckered in by someone who sees "rainbow spotted unicorns that fart glitter and perfume". Your own judgment and experience should tell you to be WARY of someone whose view of the world contains unicorns - while you only experience being dumped on at every opportunity your employer can manage.

That was not my intention. Sorry you feel that way.

TUT

Uh...did you forget that we have planes too?

What always gets me with these things is no one carrier handles it all. Like USPS, Amazon, Apple etc... Believe this, neither UPS or Fedex have a lock of any of these large shippers, they use everyone, a lot. UPS has been moving a lot of USPS packages daily for many years now. Yes Fedex has a contract as well, anytime they expire you can keep or lose it, UPS will face this to in time. Sensationalism.

vantexan

What always gets me with these things is no one carrier handles it all. Like USPS, Amazon, Apple etc... Believe this, neither UPS or Fedex have a lock of any of these large shippers, they use everyone, a lot. UPS has been moving a lot of USPS packages daily for many years now. Yes Fedex has a contract as well, anytime they expire you can keep or lose it, UPS will face this to in time. Sensationalism.

But I think we're talking about bags of letters being moved airport to airport currently by FedEx. It's a huge contract, and would definitely be a big hit if FedEx lost it.

TUT

But I think we're talking about bags of letters being moved airport to airport currently by FedEx. It's a huge contract, and would definitely be a big hit if FedEx lost it.

Yes it's always a hit. If it's that critical then I guess Fedex has been running on Food Stamps. They are huge contracts, like other gov't ones, they aren't profitable by normal measures, but they are looked at as income to cover over-head costs.

vantexan

Yes it's always a hit. If it's that critical then I guess Fedex has been running on Food Stamps. They are huge contracts, like other gov't ones, they aren't profitable by normal measures, but they are looked at as income to cover over-head costs.

Well I don't know who peed in your porridge but in case you haven't noticed Express is being stripped like an abandoned car on a Detroit street. So yeah, it'll hurt if we lose it.

FedEx2000

Read the article, 1.5 Billion in revenue in FY12 for Express, total revenue of 26.5 Billion. UPS contract is worth about $100 Million per year and their FY11 revenue was 53.21 Billion. 5.66% of Express total revenue, that's a pretty good chunk. Doesn't mean Express will lose it, USPS probably just shopping for a cheaper deal like any customer. It's extra volume used to fill up the planes, usually a certain amount of space is allotted for USPS freight on a flight....doesn't really cost us much extra at all as the flight is happening either way.

Also states in the article that the approx. 5,000 DBX's at USPS locations will be removed as that agreement expired in June. Nothing has been said locally, possible that they are still working on a new agreement to keep them there.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Also states in the article that the approx. 5,000 DBX's at USPS locations will be removed as that agreement expired in June. Nothing has been said locally, possible that they are still working on a new agreement to keep them there.
IMO those were never a good idea to begin with. Too many people putting mail in them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The same plant that was scheduled to be closed before Bain purchased it? Romney screwed it!
The same plant that had around $100 million invested in improvements after Bain's purchase? More of Romney being mean!
The influx of much cheaper foreign steel? DARN THAT ROMNEY!

This ranks up there with birtherism when it comes to dumb nonsense.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The same plant that was scheduled to be closed before Bain purchased it? Romney screwed it!
The same plant that had around $100 million invested in improvements after Bain's purchase? More of Romney being mean!
The influx of much cheaper foreign steel? DARN THAT ROMNEY!

This ranks up there with birtherism when it comes to dumb nonsense.

Careful, your Libertarianism is showing. Where did the pension plans go? Oh, the government got to pick up the tab after Bain raided them. And it's not just the steel industry. Why does someone who "believes in America" stash his money in offshore accounts and in Switzerland? And where are the tax returns, Mitt?

59 Dano

Careful, your Libertarianism is showing. Where did the pension plans go? Oh, the government got to pick up the tab after Bain raided them.

The pension plans went right were they were headed before Bain bought into the place. Had Bain not "raided them," jobs and pensions would have been lost years before the plant eventually closed. So what's your gripe, that Bain kept a failing company alive for a few more years?

And it's not just the steel industry. Why does someone who "believes in America" stash his money in offshore accounts and in Switzerland? And where are the tax returns, Mitt?

I believe in America, but I also send money elsewhere when it makes sense to do so. I don't know where his tax returns are. Perhaps if you have an allegation to make he'll show them to you.

Your Green Party-ism is showing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The pension plans went right were they were headed before Bain bought into the place. Had Bain not "raided them," jobs and pensions would have been lost years before the plant eventually closed. So what's your gripe, that Bain kept a failing company alive for a few more years?

I believe in America, but I also send money elsewhere when it makes sense to do so. I don't know where his tax returns are. Perhaps if you have an allegation to make he'll show them to you.

Your Green Party-ism is showing.

Defending a plutocrat like Romney shows where your true allegiances lie..with the Smiths and Romneys of this world, and other members of the Lucky Sperm Club. If Mormon Boy has nothing to hide, show us the returns. He can't, because they will expose him. Just like he can't be seen going to church because then people will realize he's a freaking cult member.

59 Dano

Defending a plutocrat like Romney shows where your true allegiances lie..with the Smiths and Romneys of this world, and other members of the Lucky Sperm Club. If Mormon Boy has nothing to hide, show us the returns. He can't, because they will expose him. Just like he can't be seen going to church because then people will realize he's a freaking cult member.

You are acting beyond ridiculous. I'm not defending Romney on this issue, I'm pointing out that the company was slated to die even sooner had Bain not purchased it. You act like they killed a thriving business and screwed a bunch of people who would have been even worse off without the purchase.

Send me your name and address so that I can verify that you aren't a child molester. Otherwise, you're a child molester. If you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem.

See how that works?