Not my Union

Thebrownblob

Because while I am aware everyone’s situation is different. We worked through covid when nobody knew what was going on, how you would be affected if you got sick. Yes, it is good we kept making money, however most of the people I knew got checks from the government for sitting at home a few weeks while we figured everything out. We didn’t get that choice. So we should be compensated for that with hazard pay, like some people received. Or frontline worker pay, whatever it is called. And as far as the pandemic being fake. It was not fake, it was very real. I knew quite a few people who died, or almost died because of it. It was planned, but not fake.
Lol, I was never concerned about Covid only the governments reaction.. You keep acting like you wanted to sit home and get a one time $2000 check why didn’t you? Do I believe we deserve something for Covid? Yes, but not because of the virus but because it was the biggest scam in history. Billionaires became multibillionaires, and everybody else was told they were nonessential and to stay inside.

HarryWarden

We made big gains this time.
Get ready to battle for 2028
Do You mean you think 2028 gonna be rough contract wise?

Part of me worries if ups is like “:censored2: they’re not appreciative of us doubling our raises what’s even the point” and go in the opposite direction next time, but I guess strike is still always on the table if that’s the case

The problem is a lot of part timers are young, and it takes a lot of time to fully appreciate the benefits and pension, I know it did for me. I applied for this job because I knew about the benefits, but honestly it didn’t fully hit me until this year with all the strike, and learning more information from guys like you how good our pension is and how lucky I am to have it

I’m still bitter over being hired at $8.50 in 2010, and how far behind on wages I am because of that, but I am still very, very lucky to have this job. And I’m grateful for the union and SOB for fighting for us

And as much as it pains me to say since so many of you are such :censored2:s, I’m really grateful to the full timers for realizing how important our benefits are and fighting and voting to keep them for people like, who don’t realize what they have until much later

Looking at comments on Reddit and I realize a lot of them would ruin so much of what we have to get what they think is a better deal

PT Car Washer

Do You mean you think 2028 gonna be rough contract wise?

Part of me worries if ups is like “:censored2: they’re not appreciative of us doubling our raises what’s even the point” and go in the opposite direction next time, but I guess strike is still always on the table if that’s the case

The problem is a lot of part timers are young, and it takes a lot of time to fully appreciate the benefits and pension, I know it did for me. I applied for this job because I knew about the benefits, but honestly it didn’t fully hit me until this year with all the strike, and learning more information from guys like you how good our pension is and how lucky I am to have it

I’m still bitter over being hired at $8.50 in 2010, and how far behind on wages I am because of that, but I am still very, very lucky to have this job. And I’m grateful for the union and SOB for fighting for us

And as much as it pains me to say since so many of you are such :censored2:s, I’m really grateful to the full timers for realizing how important our benefits are and fighting and voting to keep them for people like, who don’t realize what they have until much later

Looking at comments on Reddit and I realize a lot of them would ruin so much of what we have to get what they think is a better deal
Should have pushed back more on the 4 year progression. Reduce it to at a minimum 2 year and later 1 year.

Thebrownblob

I think we can do a bit better. I agree on all of the PT hate. Used to be reserved for people of the "wrong" color or religion.
1690603779279.gif