Not my Union

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are we still going on about this contract? Let's get this vote out of the way and move on. I got my DOT coming up and can't risk the blood pressure spike. Need that 2 yr card.
Word of advice-----do not schedule the physical first thing in the morning after having had two cups of coffee at home. I did that once and "failed" on the first attempt and "passed" after they let me sit for a half hour or so and redid the blood pressure.

Thebrownblob

I heard back in January that ups wanted to get rid of 22.4's, so I don't really count that as a win. The sixth day thing is a good win.
I’m fairly certain that people on the operational level wanted to get rid of the 22.4. I’m not so certain that the executives and the bean counters originally wanted to. They’re always disconnected from reality when they think they can save money.

upschuck

I’m fairly certain that people on the operational level wanted to get rid of the 22.4. I’m not so certain that the executives and the bean counters originally wanted to. They’re always disconnected from reality when they think they can save money.
All I heard was it was giving a lot of troubles to them. What level was the troubles, I don't know.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
There was always options they were just ignored. And just like the flu most people got it and had no trouble getting over it. The biggest problem more people who went to get help.
It was funny when I got tested so I can turn in the paperwork and they basically told me hey sorry there’s nothing we can do for you you’ve got Covid. 😂 thanks Doc you’re as worthless as tits on a boar hog. It was mostly a campaign of fear and propaganda. It made billionaires multibillionaires.
We'll see how many people have myocardial problems probably by next contract

GameCockFan

I'm currently making $22 in a very expensive city to live in. PT, despite 6 days a week working 50 hours. So, yeah me going up to $22.25 is going to do what for me, exact

I'm currently making $22 in a very expensive city to live in. PT, despite 6 days a week working 50 hours. So, yeah me going up to $22.25 is going to do what for me, exactly?
1. Move 2. Go full-time 3. Cry some more 4. Suck a dick You're going to $24.75 by the way

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm currently making $22 in a very expensive city to live in. PT, despite 6 days a week working 50 hours. So, yeah me going up to $22.25 is going to do what for me, exactly?
Luckily for you the new contract allows part timers to transfer. If you're going to be a life long part timer I suggest moving to somewhere you can afford to live.

HarryWarden

Good luck brother and I’m not against people voting no at all. I think some people just have ridiculous expectations about what a vote no will get them.
I just don’t like how many people who say they’re voting no because “why not” and “you never vote no on the first offer

1. This isn’t the first offer
And
2. That’s dumb logic because if everyone did that then the union and the company would just never put forth the true contract on the first time

HarryWarden

Luckily for you the new contract allows part timers to transfer. If you're going to be a life long part timer I suggest moving to somewhere you can afford to live.
This is such insanely short sight stupid logic. But not surprising for you

What exactly do you think would happen if every part timer followed that logic?