Not my Union

Pullman Brown

I'm currently making $22 in a very expensive city to live in. PT, despite 6 days a week working 50 hours. So, yeah me going up to $22.25 is going to do what for me, exactly?

I’ve said this a thousand times. Some of these cities are just too expensive. You could make fifty a hour and you wouldn’t make it. Good news is you can transfer to a different city if there is a opening in this new contract.

Thebrownblob

I'm currently making $22 in a very expensive city to live in. PT, despite 6 days a week working 50 hours. So, yeah me going up to $22.25 is going to do what for me, exactly?
You’re working 50 hours a week as a part-timer at $22 a hour, getting paid overtime for 25 hours? And you’re not able to make ends meet? Time to move.

Trucker Clock

We’re not forcing you to live in an expensive city. Should we strike to get you more money so that you can actually afford to live in that expensive city?

And how is your new rate going to be $22.25?

JL 0513

That's because of a market rate adjustment in your specific area. This contract states standard wages and increases. Your regional supplement can vary and any MRA can vary. You can't fault this deal because of your specific situation.

I agree all very expensive to live areas should be adjusted accordingly but the master agreement isn't intended to sort out every area code. If Manhattan can't find anyone to work then it's on them to make a MRA to get people in.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
:censored2:! I'm working 50 hours a week at UPS! Working part time! I can't get a full time position after 7 years. Improve your reading comprehension, please.
Bull :censored2:. There was tons of FT opportunities during Covid. Coulda went driving then, or 22.3, lots of opportunities. You’re full of it. So is your story.

Drhst29

Full time driver here. $7.50 over the next 5 years is crap. I'm not voting yes for a contract that will give me the same spending power 5 years from now that I had 3 years ago.

BeachBoy

Bull :censored2:. There was tons of FT opportunities during Covid. Coulda went driving then, or 22.3, lots of opportunities. You’re full of it. So is your story.
Like you know my center. Major hub, lots of long term seniority members. You don't know :censored2:. I'd love to meet you on the street.

MyTripisCut

Full time driver here. $7.50 over the next 5 years is crap. I'm not voting yes for a contract that will give me the same spending power 5 years from now that I had 3 years ago.
So, by the end of the contract, over 100 grand on 40 hour weeks, with no OT, and its not enough? Lord help us!

MyTripisCut

Like you know my center. Major hub, lots of long term seniority members. You don't know :censored2:. I'd love to meet you on the street.
Why you wanna grab my ass? You’re a pusillanimous, you coulda went full time during Covid, every hub in the country needed drivers and you stayed home with your hairy mother.