Not my Union

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm blaming all y'all. You purported to be standing up for us long time part timers who can't get a full time position, but you cave and say, "oh, we'll give new hires a market wage". All you care about is our monthly dues paying for your fat lazy ass.

If you all would vote you could get anything you wanted

JL 0513

Full time driver here. $7.50 over the next 5 years is crap. I'm not voting yes for a contract that will give me the same spending power 5 years from now that I had 3 years ago.
No previous contract has given more than about $4.25 over 5 years. $7.50 is more than most of us expected. Did you expect $52, $54/hr?

There seems to be this idea that our spending power is supposed to ever increase. That's an unreasonable assumption. The position stays the same meaning you aren't advancing through any ranks to justify a growing pay scale. UPS isn't obligated to advance pay faster than inflation when the position remains the same. Many people say we are way overpaid now. Imagine if over the years, UPS increased beyond inflation every year. Would we be at like $60/hr?