Not my Union

HarryWarden

No previous contract has given more than about $4.25 over 5 years. $7.50 is more than most of us expected. Did you expect $52, $54/hr?

There seems to be this idea that our spending power is supposed to ever increase. That's an unreasonable assumption. The position stays the same meaning you aren't advancing through any ranks to justify a growing pay scale. UPS isn't obligated to advance pay faster than inflation when the position remains the same. Many people say we are way overpaid now. Imagine if over the years, UPS increased beyond inflation every year. Would we be at like $60/hr?
Funny how that doesn’t apply to corporate though. Ceo wage has risen hundreds of times more than the workers

Drhst29

No previous contract has given more than about $4.25 over 5 years. $7.50 is more than most of us expected. Did you expect $52, $54/hr?

There seems to be this idea that our spending power is supposed to ever increase. That's an unreasonable assumption. The position stays the same meaning you aren't advancing through any ranks to justify a growing pay scale. UPS isn't obligated to advance pay faster than inflation when the position remains the same. Many people say we are way overpaid now. Imagine if over the years, UPS increased beyond inflation every year. Would we be at like $60/hr?
I guess that we shall see how the vote turns out. I'm not selling myself short. I feel like the raises for full time drivers is weak. Just my opinion.

rod

Retired 22 years

Great. Now it’s not. Minnesota sucks anyway.
1690338778132.png

We all know WHAT state really sucks and it isn't Mn. ---NJ heads that list.

JL 0513

I guess that we shall see how the vote turns out. I'm not selling myself short. I feel like the raises for full time drivers is weak. Just my opinion.
Looks like it's a 17% raise over the contract which would exceed historical inflation averages. Inflation has begun to normalize this year and hopefully stays true for these next 5 years. Average annual inflation is 2.25%. A lot of years it's below .5%, other years it shoots up. So taking the average, inflation is 11.5% each 5 years so 17% is more than can be expected from UPS.

twotwofour

We’re not forcing you to live in an expensive city. Should we strike to get you more money so that you can actually afford to live in that expensive city?

And how is your new rate going to be $22.25?
I’ve said this a thousand times. Some of these cities are just too expensive. You could make fifty a hour and you wouldn’t make it. Good news is you can transfer to a different city if there is a opening in this new contract.

You cited two states out of 50. One of those states sucks. So, yeah.
these are just bad takes. He moves, then what happens to the teamster who takes his place?
The contract needs to work for everyone, you can't just say "oh well, I'm too scared to ask the company for more. Screw them, I got mine."
If UPS is paying new people more(through MRA) than the contract requires them to, then the union :censored2:ed up.

anonymous23456

Funny how that doesn’t apply to corporate though. Ceo wage has risen hundreds of times more than the workers
My Comcast bill is horrendous. Comcast CEO makes too much money.
My AT&T bill is horrendous. AT&T makes too much money.
My car payment is horrendous. Car manufacture CEO makes too much money.

There isn't a damn thing I can do about any CEO's pay. What is your solution?

Drhst29

Looks like it's a 17% raise over the contract which would exceed historical inflation averages. Inflation has begun to normalize this year and hopefully stays true for these next 5 years. Average annual inflation is 2.25%. A lot of years it's below .5%, other years it shoots up. So taking the average, inflation is 11.5% each 5 years so 17% is more than can be expected from UPS.
Can the paycheck that you are getting right now buy the same things that your paycheck from 3 years ago could? Maybe you're a glass half full person? Like I said, we shall see how the vote goes.

JL 0513

Can the paycheck that you are getting right now buy the same things that your paycheck from 3 years ago could? Maybe you're a glass half full person? Like I said, we shall see how the vote goes.
No, which is why we're getting a $2.75 raise on day one to address the inflation that last years COLA raise fell short of. Biggest single year raise ever. Honestly, I wasn't expecting more than $1.50 the first year.

twotwofour

Any pay increase that doesn't match inflation is a pay cut. 21% since 2018. Multiply your $/hr by 1.21. That is how much your wage should be now to break even.

JL 0513

For those who haven't done the math yet, by contract end, it's a nearly $16,000 annual raise on 40 hours a week. With typical driver OT, we're talking over $20K.

I'm on pace to clear $120K this year. With same hours, it'll be over $140K in 2028.

Staydryitsraining

these are just bad takes. He moves, then what happens to the teamster who takes his place?
The contract needs to work for everyone, you can't just say "oh well, I'm too scared to ask the company for more. Screw them, I got mine."
If UPS is paying new people more(through MRA) than the contract requires them to, then the union :censored2:ed up.
No the union didn't :censored2: up. It is not the unions job to provide employment for ups. If ups has to pay more money to people to keep them in the door that is their problem it isn't the unions.

Upass.

7 years of paying dues, all this rhetoric, and once again, full timers get the money and the part timers get screwed. Thanks a friggin lot, 'brothers'.
Screw you, you part timers are the worst and you shouldn’t be with the union in the first place. A :censored2:ing preloader that puts a next day air in the 8000 shelf asks for 25$ . 15$ is too much for you part losers

PT Car Washer

Screw you, you part timers are the worst and you shouldn’t be with the union in the first place. A :censored2:ing preloader that puts a next day air in the 8000 shelf asks for 25$ . 15$ is too much for you part losers
You should be blaming management for poor training not the Union member. I have had the same complaint and the preloader ask me "How can you tell if it is a NDA?" That is on management.

PT Car Washer

If I had you for a driver, it would not be a mistake. And all of your over 70's labels would be face down. Think about it.

Trucker Clock

For those who haven't done the math yet, by contract end, it's a nearly $16,000 annual raise on 40 hours a week. With typical driver OT, we're talking over $20K.

I'm on pace to clear $120K this year. With same hours, it'll be over $140K in 2028.

And a bump in pension and no extra paid out for healthcare. And those costs keep rising.

Sure, I’d like a bigger raise. Who wouldn’t? But as a whole package, we didn’t do too bad. We actually did damn good, and the entire negotiating committee agreed.