Not voting= a "no" vote?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I got in tonight my on road asked me if I voted yet. I wanted to know why he wanted to know. He said not voting equals a no vote. Has anyone else heard this?
This is honestly a flat out lie and meddling in results if you ask me. If there is a way to bring charges over this they should be brought.

It does two things. It makes people who don't really care but don't want to strike more likely to vote yes.

But more importantly it gives no votes the false security that they need not vote because it'll be counted as no anyway.

Scare tactics. The fact that they let a moderator for browncafe see a spread sheet on this doesn't surprise me at all. Spread sheets are pretty easy to make up. Very in expensive way to fight us. With most of the non votes undoubtedly being from all the new hires, I'm sure they believe those people to be easily swayed to vote yes. Have you ever seen them push this more? Have you ever seen them Hire so many people just before a new contract is ratified? True, we have peak coming but, I've seen no new full time drivers come onboard. A ridiculous amount of new part timers though. This peak will be bad!
I saw a much bigger push to get a yes vote in 1993