Now Obama targets your FedEx, UPS packages

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Please do some research before posting garbage. This is merely a repeat of a story reported last fall, only with a political spin. Note that the directives began in 2005, when Republicans completely controlled both the White House as well as Congress. Despite what your right-wing publication wants you to think, it isn't Obama.

Here's a more neutral POV:
FedEx, UPS probed over online pharmacies' packages - CBS News

They look through my luggage when I fly too.

Yeah and they can read your e-mails too & easily inquire with your ISP what you've been Googling. Thank you Republicans for the Patriot Act!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Please do some research before posting garbage. This is merely a repeat of a story reported last fall, only with a political spin. Note that the directives began in 2005, when Republicans completely controlled both the White House as well as Congress. Despite what your right-wing publication wants you to think, it isn't Obama.

Here's a more neutral POV:
FedEx, UPS probed over online pharmacies' packages - CBS News

Yeah and they can read your e-mails too & easily inquire with your ISP what you've been Googling. Thank you Republicans for the Patriot Act!!!

This type of criminal charges for illegal shipments were not part of the Bush administration.
I remember being involved in the mitigation of the Bush years initiatives.

Quoting CBS news as a neutral source says more about you than it does this issue.
CBS is only outflanked by MSNBC for claiming the wacky, dishonest left-wing media.

I can't argue with the Repubs and the Patriot Act.
Chicago's mayor (Rahm Emauel) would be proud of the Repubs "not letting any crisis go by without taking advantage of it".

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
This type of criminal charges for illegal shipments were not part of the Bush administration.
I remember being involved in the mitigation of the Bush years initiatives.

Quoting CBS news as a neutral source says more about you than it does this issue.
CBS is only outflanked by MSNBC for claiming the wacky, dishonest left-wing media.

I can't argue with the Repubs and the Patriot Act.
Chicago's mayor (Rahm Emauel) would be proud of the Repubs "not letting any crisis go by without taking advantage of it".

Sorry Hoaxster, but multiple news source report that the specific investigations being questioned by the article the OP linked to began in 2005. Nor did I say that CBS News was a neutral source, but rather provided a link to an alternative article written in a neutral POV. I'm certain that even you would agree that an organization like Fox News, which has a political agenda, occasionally reports news in a neutral POV. (And while I don't watch MSNBC, at least it admits to being a left-orientated network, unlike Fox News which hides behind a "fair and balanced" tag.)

Last edited:

STFXG

I'd be more worried about private companies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2292624/Google-hit-7M-fine-wifi-snooping-Street-View-cars-intercepted-emails.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

InsideUPS

Why would UPS negotiate a settlement while FedEx is willing to fight this issue?

Fitzpatrick said no other private carriers are being targeted by the Justice Department, and he has no evidence to suggest this probe is designed to boost the financially strapped U.S. Postal Service at the expense of private competitors.
UPS is currently negotiating a settlement with the government, but FedEx is fighting this all the way.
“Settlement is not an option for us when there’s no illegal activity on our part,” Fitzpatrick said.

Read more at Now Obama targets your FedEx, UPS packages

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the issue isn't explained whatsoever in the article, it's all just a whine piece from some Fedex spokesman

also, inflammatory title, it's about the Justice Department, not Obama

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sorry Hoaxster, but multiple news source report that the specific investigations being questioned by the article the OP linked to began in 2005. Nor did I say that CBS News was a neutral source, but rather provided a link to an alternative article written in a neutral POV. I'm certain that even you would agree that an organization like Fox News, which has a political agenda, occasionally reports news in a neutral POV. (And while I don't watch MSNBC, at least it admits to being a left-orientated network, unlike Fox News which hides behind a "fair and balanced" tag.)

Your inclusion of the "Patriot Act" threw me off.
This has nothing to do with the Patriot Act regulations that UPS and FedEx were impacted by after 9/11.

As far as Fox, or MSNBC or CBS or ABC or NBC - I don't really believe anything they report unless it is about weather or an accident.
All of these networks are filled with liars.

When I watch news, it is usually PBS, CNN which left centered but consistent and fairly honest.
I do watch Morning Joe for yucks.

bluehdmc

the issue isn't explained whatsoever in the article, it's all just a whine piece from some Fedex spokesman

also, inflammatory title, it's about the Justice Department, not Obama

Don't you know this came across Obama's desk and he personally signed off on it?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
World Net Daily. That's all you needed to say. That would have ended your thread right then and there. In other news, what is Alex Jones doing tonight?