Numbers Are Out

Screenshot_20220317-170141-100.png

It will be fine

Won't help ground contractors given the reports I'm reading stating that contractors are not getting 100% of the fuel surcharges FXG applies to shippers billings.
We’ve never gotten that. FedEx charges shippers a surcharge per piece and they pay us per stop. The rest goes in their pocket. It’s one of their best scams. It’s such an easy way to boost revenue for them. Shippers shrug because gas is expensive but little of that increase actually goes to cover gas.

bacha29

We’ve never gotten that. FedEx charges shippers a surcharge per piece and they pay us per stop. The rest goes in their pocket. It’s one of their best scams. It’s such an easy way to boost revenue for them. Shippers shrug because gas is expensive but little of that increase actually goes to cover gas.
So fuel supplement that they used to pay is now gone. No surprise there. Give you something here....take away something somewhere else. That much has never changed even after all these years. I am shocked that they're getting away with this con. But, then again there's no governing legal authority in place with the judicial power to make them do anything anything they don't want to do. . So they just go on their merry old way doing whatever they damn well please.

I told you guys back 3 years ago before COVID that I thought your routes would not be worth more than they were at that moment. So now how do you tell a prospective buyer that you don't get fuel supplement? Especially today when we saw crude oil go back above 100 bucks.

bbsam

Staff member
So fuel supplement that they used to pay is now gone. No surprise there. Give you something here....take away something somewhere else. That much has never changed even after all these years. I am shocked that they're getting away with this con. But, then again there's no governing legal authority in place with the judicial power to make them do anything anything they don't want to do. . So they just go on their merry old way doing whatever they damn well please.

I told you guys back 3 years ago before COVID that I thought your routes would not be worth more than they were at that moment. So now how do you tell a prospective buyer that you don't get fuel supplement? Especially today when we saw crude oil go back above 100 bucks.
In short order you’ll see trucks parked in protest or financial ruin. I’m considering it just because I know I can rent my trucks short term for far more than I can profit under these :censored2: contracts.

And X keeps talking about the profitable future that seems further and further away. I don’t know who’s believing anything they say anymore.

bacha29

In short order you’ll see trucks parked in protest or financial ruin. I’m considering it just because I know I can rent my trucks short term for far more than I can profit under these :censored2: contracts.

And X keeps talking about the profitable future that seems further and further away. I don’t know who’s believing anything they say anymore.
The biggest thing that you find the most tiring is the treachery, the deception, the betrayal and the lies. It wouldn't be so bad if all you've got tied up in it is your lunch bucket, not the hundreds of thousands the average contractor has tied up in it.

SmithBarney

And Ground will refuse them and bring them back to Express or stuff them in drop boxes.
Well they do bring them back after a week with them.. if they shove em in the drop box, the jokes on them they'll get it right back.

The system is wack though, I picked up packages yesterday that if they were going express would have been in the truck next to me, but they became 4Z ground.

I've also had Express MPS packages I've picked up and one of the two is a 4Z.

On the deliverend I had piece 1 of 2, an ASR Gunshop, as I'm walking out ground is walking in with box 2 of 2.. This gun shop was cool about it, but I have several others that will not take a MPS shipment if a box is missing.