Numbers Are Out

El Morado Diablo

It's taking a decent chunk of packages out of the air network, from the outbound ramp flight to the hub to the inbound ramp flight to the inbound ramp sort to the station sort.

That's great if it eliminates a stop for either one of us. If we're both going to the same stop it's a waste of time and money.

McFeely

Huge Member
That's great if it eliminates a stop for either one of us. If we're both going to the same stop it's a waste of time and money.

I had a 4Z package on my truck yesterday (had 2 ASTRA labels with the same tracking number, one 4Z and one regular routing). When I went to deliver it to this house, the Ground driver had also been there with the other pieces of the shipment. Oh, and both of us were 2 days late on delivery that was supposed to stay in our ramp's area.

Aquaman

Charging Express rates for Ground deliveries? It's bait and Switch which is illegal. But some slimy bastards here will don't get that.
If only every single person that got a late 4Z ground delivery submitted a claim. How profitable is a package shipped for free?

thedownhillEXPRESS

87C6B228-3BAE-4508-9B14-35FFE352C909.jpeg

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Are you saying that volume is up at express?
I guess as long as he’s going by his meaningless charts. He could give a rat’s ass about service. Just pump up the numbers so we look good on paper on Wall Street, rinse and repeat.

bacha29

I guess as long as he’s going by his meaningless charts. He could give a rat’s ass about service. Just pump up the numbers so we look good on paper on Wall Street, rinse and repeat.
Analysists rankings of the stock run between "hold to "buy; with some reservation and some are lowering the target price.

Aquaman

Still running heavier than pre-COVID levels.
Probably time to figure out how to make service with higher volume. If that means higher pay, do it. More trucks, do it. This is not a temporary increase in volume due to COVID. The staffing issues are not pandemic related. But we know this company runs on hopes and prayers that things return to “normal”.