Numbers Are Out

El Morado Diablo

Well they do bring them back after a week with them.. if they shove em in the drop box, the jokes on them they'll get it right back.

The system is wack though, I picked up packages yesterday that if they were going express would have been in the truck next to me, but they became 4Z ground.

I've also had Express MPS packages I've picked up and one of the two is a 4Z.

On the deliverend I had piece 1 of 2, an ASR Gunshop, as I'm walking out ground is walking in with box 2 of 2.. This gun shop was cool about it, but I have several others that will not take a MPS shipment if a box is missing.

The logic behind the whole 4Z thing is odd. I understand it's cheaper if Ground delivers it. What I don't understand is why you say you want Express to concentrate on Businesses, then give 4Z business packages to Ground so we can both deliver packages to the same business. Happened to me a couple of times today.

bacha29

At this point I think stockholders are just stupid. Or not paying attention. Which in itself is stupid.
Oh they're paying attention alright. Even more so after seeing their stock price go from 320 down to 220 after recently falling to 200.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I agree. It was always understood that the fuel surcharge was supposed to go to the guy who was buying the fuel. Not down the pockets of of the carrier if the carrier was not the one buying the fuel.
That’s theft plain and simple.

Let’s turn that around. If an employee (or contractor) did that to any company they’d be arrested and fully prosecuted.

Smith is a first class thief. Also what he’s done to employees that aren’t topped out after years of service is pretty much wage theft.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

bacha29

(b) Unless an exception is authorized by the Contracting Officer, the Contractor shall pass through any motor carrier fuel-related surcharge adjustments to the person, corporation, or entity that directly bears the cost of fuel for shipment(s) transported under this contract.
If contractors have already signed off on the damn thing Fat Freddy will continue to stuff the fuel surcharges down his pocket. it's a rotten deal right from the very outset that become even worse over the years. I was shamed and ridiculed for not going multi route when the time arrived. The reason why I and the other two Day 1's refused to do it was because it was a rigged system that was slowly getting worse every year since Fat Freddy acquired it.. The trappings contained in the terms of the contract itself limited the amount of borrowed money that a person could place at risk to only that which they could afford to lose.

And that's the problem. Too many guys went way beyond that cutoff point and are now trapped and can't get out.
Their only hope is that fuel costs will fall back to the levels they were when they signed their new contracts but doesn't look like it will for quite awhile given that WTI is trading this AM at $104 a barrel.

zeev

FedEx flaunts the laws continuously ground drivers are paid by the day when they should be hourly, drivers drive for other jobs in n the same day without resetting hours, they drive the us mail at our ramp without resetting hours.

Aquaman

The logic behind the whole 4Z thing is odd. I understand it's cheaper if Ground delivers it. What I don't understand is why you say you want Express to concentrate on Businesses, then give 4Z business packages to Ground so we can both deliver packages to the same business. Happened to me a couple of times today.
Why Express would EVER give freight away is beyond me. If it’s not profitable… raise the price. I don’t want to hear how unprofitable a residential package is when every hand that touches it is underpaid. Raise the price of the service. If a P2 residential isn’t profitable… make it $200 lol. Or else don’t offer it. They’re essentially so worried about losing freight to UPS that they’d rather give it to Ground. This is not a solution to the Express problem. They’re going to find out the hard way that giving freight to ground, and contracting RTD routes to 3rd party, and giving heavyweight to Freight… is going to do nothing but sink the knife deeper.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's taking a decent chunk of packages out of the air network, from the outbound ramp flight to the hub to the inbound ramp flight to the inbound ramp sort to the station sort.