Obama and Biden

tieguy

Banned
Surprised there has not been more said about the choice of Joe Biden.

Here we have Obama promising to change DC and who does he pick to help him? Only an entrenched DC insider like Biden with thirty years of experience playing the DC game. That should promote some serious change:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like the fact that Biden himself thinks Obama lacks the experience. Let's see how he steps out of that pile.

Obama needs to have some charts and graphs to show what changes he has up his sleeves and their intended results, kinda like what Ross Perot had.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Suddenly, I'm Brilliant!!!
I have experienced an epiphany. I've decided to vote Democrat because: I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe white people need to take their turn at the back of the bus.
I'm voting Democrat because: I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe that paying $4.00 a gallon or more is no reason to drill friend or the mountain of oil we are sitting on in THIS country. Drilling for oil might disturb a couple of Caribou or Polar bears.

I'm voting Democrat because: When we pull out of Iraq , I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people and join us in singing Kumbaya.

I'm voting Democrat because: Terrorists should be permitted to fly into buildings full of civilians. I't their freedom of expression.

I'm voting Democrat because: I don't want a stimulus check to spend. Let the government spend it for me..
I'm voting Democrat because: Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. I'm voting Democrat because: I love the fact that I can now marry whomever or whatever I want. I'm going to marry a kangaroo.

I'm voting Democrat because: I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I'm voting Democrat because: I don't want to eat poison food and drink dirty water. We all know Republicans love that stuff. Ever wonder why the most left wing country in the World ( China ) is the most polluted?

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, when they come over here I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.
I'm voting Democrat because: I believe that churches should only be allowed for political speeches.

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves.. They should break even and give the rest away to their employees..

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe that I don't want Doctors who were at the top of their classes to operate on me. ;I want my doctor to be a government employee who makes $50k a year and couldn't hack it as a contractor or an engineer.

I'm voting Democrat because: I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius..

I'm voting Democrat because: I REALLY believe there is no bias in the media.
Most of all, I'm voting Democrat because:I'm All for CHANGE!!!

diesel96

Any way you slice it, the whole Obama campaign is a sham. I don't see how any THINKING person could take him seriously.

Yeah....the whole campaign is a sham.....:rofl: then I guess the whole democrat record breaking voter turnout and registration is a sham also.
I will admit though, the Bush administration should take some credit in waking up a sleeping giant of non-thinking people....thx Doubl-Ya.

Surprised there has not been more said about the choice of Joe Biden.

That's because your mouthpiece Lindbaugh and Hannity don't work weekends...lol

Here we have Obama promising to change DC and who does he pick to help him? Only an entrenched DC insider like Biden with thirty years of experience playing the DC game. That should promote some serious change:happy-very:

Biden has been entrenched in DC for thirty years but uniquely treating it like a 9 to 5 lunch pail job......benefitting from his home state of Delaware's logistics, Joe was able to take the train home in his district everynight unless he was traveling or session was running late. Biden is a no nonsense guy, perfect mouthpiece against a Carl Rove-type smear campaign attack the republicans have become known for.
You know change can't begin until mop-up duty is complete.

Leftinbuilding

Yeah....the whole campaign is a sham.....:rofl: then I guess the whole democrat record breaking voter turnout and registration is a sham also.
I will admit though, the Bush administration should take some credit in waking up a sleeping giant of non-thinking people....thx Doubl-Ya.

That's because your mouthpiece Lindbaugh and Hannity don't work weekends...lol

Biden has been entrenched in DC for thirty years but uniquely treating it like a 9 to 5 lunch pail job......benefitting from his home state of Delaware's logistics, Joe was able to take the train home in his district everynight unless he was traveling or session was running late. Biden is a no nonsense guy, perfect mouthpiece against a Carl Rove-type smear campaign attack the republicans have become known for.
You know change can't begin until mop-up duty is complete.

Glad the light is beginning to come on. Still kinda dim but we'll take it.

paidslave

Moreluck, a lot of the points you may be correct but I wonder if voting Republican there will be a Union Pension left and I also wonder who the Union is endorsing? Unions after all are for the little guy. You sound like a big guy now and have figured things out.

Republican or Democrat we are paying and will be paying. Doesn't matter who runs.

I do check my pockets and there is change but I need my change to grow into dollars and simply just not more change!

Blame Bush and his administration for not raising interest rates when Housing was flourishing not the Democrats! Don't worry you and I, republican or democrat will be bailing out the Banks!

One would think that with Gold prices at highs we would go back to Gold backed dollars! Our goverment wouldn't do that...just keep them printing and run this deficit to record highs just like Poppa Bush did!

wkmac

One would think that with Gold prices at highs we would go back to Gold backed dollars! Our goverment wouldn't do that...just keep them printing and run this deficit to record highs just like Poppa Bush did!

Paidslave,

Dead On My Friend! Had we not removed gold from backing our currency, our gov't, both democrat and republican would be handcuffed from borrowing money for all types of various schemes and then the only means to do so would be to tax the public directly. If they do that, they know that either the scheme has to work to perfection (we know the success rate there :happy-very:) or the taxpayer backlash at the next election would thus end their scheming.

For those of you against international intervention on the part of the federal gov't, the federal reserve or what we call the central bank was created in 1913' so from that date forward, take a look at the level of gov't interventionism both abroad and even domestically and in that same timeframe look at the level of debt that has grown along with it. To Uncle Sam, the Fed is nothing more than a "no limit" credit card and the debt is passed on to future generations who will then be saddled with that repayment burden. The future generation will pay the tax debt in one of 2 ways. Direct through tax increases as the gov't is forced to do so in order to make debt service or via economic policy they inflate the economy in which again taxes the citizen through higher prices but maintains the debt to GDP ratio neutral or in some cases it might even drop. But who cares what this does to those say on fixed income but we'll just raise the Social Security payouts with a cost of living increase but is that always enough? And doesn't this add more pressure to an already stressed gov't plan which should have never happened to begin with but came about as blowback from the results of gov't economic intervention.

No problem for that beginning worker out there on minimum wage, we'll increase the min. wage as well. Now first off I'm against a min. wage just as I'm against a max. wage (violates the basic right of 2 individuals to freely contract and so does social security but that's another thread) but that said, inflating the economy places pressures on min. wages but more so by inflating that wage you place further pressures especially on the small business owner. His business may take several quarters if not several years before the cost of such wage increases normalize into his business plan so in the meantime, he cuts back on his workforce and who's generally the first to suffer?

I find it so interesting that for decades it was the wild eyed paleo-conservative and Austrian economic libertarian who held onto this 18th century dinosaur thinking but of late so-called liberals have begun to awaken to some economic facts that the same weight of gold in 1900' that bought a barrel of oil then, that today that basic same weight in gold still buys that same barrel of oil. Gold in relation to real commodities has remained almost price neutral but it's relationship to dollars has blown through the roof because of the massive debt borrowing of dollars that has flooded the markets. Between international tensions and the over amount of dollars in the market place, oil has risen as well.

Sadly, I don't think or expect the 2 beauty queens vying for the WH will change a thing but people are starting to catch on. You wanna help the working man and the poor? Go for the gold!

Speaking of gold, I've been watching a very interesting case going forward that takes a very interesting approach. I have to say I'm surprised thus far but it's got a ways to go yet. You never know!

https://web.archive.org/web/2010022...rty-watch.com/volume03/issue08/coverstory.php

Blame Bush and his administration for not raising interest rates when Housing was flourishing not the Democrats! Don't worry you and I, republican or democrat will be bailing out the Banks!

The president doesn't change interest rates.

paidslave

Yes they do not lower or raise interest rates but this administration should have take some responsiblity considering they are responsible for the country as a whole. The Federal Reserve Depart, failing to raise interest rates, shows the lack of responsibility of our president that watched us go down this Mortgage crises path. The President should be Impeached, jailed or otherwise, because we the tax-payers were let down and now we will pay again to bail out the savings an loans!

We are robbed once again!

Did we forget the president is under oath: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

WE the people were let down so step down!

And we are be defrauded once again by Printing some more money to bail them out and racking up our deficit bill!

I hope they bail out my mortgage too! Maybe the Plegdge of allegiance should be rewritten,

""I shall forever subjugate myself to the needs and will of the people, and I shall willingly accept the consequence of death if I should ever fail in this, my oath to the People." I believe This oath would be taken more seriously!

God Bless all the honest hard working people of this country! The Bottom line for most uf us if you screw up you are held accountable but for some reason the commander and chief never is!

WE only can vote him out.... we should all have terms too, if you screw up then in order to take any responsibilty wait 4 to eight years and take a vote! Bye then you will be voted out and the rest will be history.....what a country!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Hillary's speech at the convention. Good delivery, but as Bill Kristol said, just a minimal endorsement of Obama.

She chronicled her accomplishments as a woman candidate and said the crowd should now vote for Obama, but she never mentioned that he would make a good leader. She did mention that Michelle would make a great first lady.

I think the crowd was hanging on her every word and were much more animated than last night.

The Gov. of Montana was quite a character in his string tie. A better round than last night.

AND, why was Bill licking his lips....do you think he was gonna get some back at the room??:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Yes they do not lower or raise interest rates but this administration should have take some responsiblity considering they are responsible for the country as a whole. The Federal Reserve Depart, failing to raise interest rates, shows the lack of responsibility of our president that watched us go down this Mortgage crises path. The President should be Impeached, jailed or otherwise, because we the tax-payers were let down and now we will pay again to bail out the savings an loans!

you still fail to make the connection. How does the president take the blame for not raising interest rates.

tieguy

Banned
:happy-very:
Watched Hillary's speech at the convention. Good delivery, but as Bill Kristol said, just a minimal endorsement of Obama.

She chronicled her accomplishments as a woman candidate and said the crowd should now vote for Obama, but she never mentioned that he would make a good leader. She did mention that Michelle would make a great first lady.

I think the crowd was hanging on her every word and were much more animated than last night.

The Gov. of Montana was quite a character in his string tie. A better round than last night.

AND, why was Bill licking his lips....do you think he was gonna get some back at the room??:wink2:

probably thinking about lighting up a cigar...