Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just a little sign in a Blue town,
fire obama.jpg
fire obama.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Gee, a sign in mayberry RFD, average education grade 7.... Im impressed.

Peace

TOS
yes I was impressed also, that they are finally smart enough to not vote for Obama. After all that is what he is hoping for to throw him over the top. The uneducated. Thanks TOS, could not have said it better myself. :happy-very:

brett636

What I enjoy most about threads like these is it reveals the true colors of your rabid moonbat liberal. You see, they claim to be for the little guy, for the poor and downtrodden and generally those that cannot help themselves. Then you get into a subject like coal and you realize the truth. Nevermind that millions of people feed their families through employment in the coal industry, or that millions more enjoy an endless supply of affordable electricity from coal fired power plants. The moonbat left aim to end those jobs and the affordable power many of us enjoy today. Something like half of the electricity produced here in the U.S. comes from coal, and that cannot be replaced overnight. The looney left want us to believe we can simply replace coal with solar and wind technology ignoring the fact that these sources of energy are neither cheap nor dependable. If they get their way our way of life will be changed forever as simply turning on a light switch in your house, if it comes on at all, will become a significant hit in your wallet. How does that help the poor who the left want us to believe are starving in the streets? How does this improve the middle class by skyrocketing their cost of living? Who really benefits from ending coal derived electricity from our national power grid? The answers to these questions will force you to see the one and only option this November for President. Mitt Romney 2012!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What I enjoy most about threads like these is it reveals the true colors of your rabid moonbat liberal. You see, they claim to be for the little guy, for the poor and downtrodden and generally those that cannot help themselves. Then you get into a subject like coal and you realize the truth. Nevermind that millions of people feed their families through employment in the coal industry, or that millions more enjoy an endless supply of affordable electricity from coal fired power plants. The moonbat left aim to end those jobs and the affordable power many of us enjoy today. Something like half of the electricity produced here in the U.S. comes from coal, and that cannot be replaced overnight. The looney left want us to believe we can simply replace coal with solar and wind technology ignoring the fact that these sources of energy are neither cheap nor dependable. If they get their way our way of life will be changed forever as simply turning on a light switch in your house, if it comes on at all, will become a significant hit in your wallet. How does that help the poor who the left want us to believe are starving in the streets? How does this improve the middle class by skyrocketing their cost of living? Who really benefits from ending coal derived electricity from our national power grid? The answers to these questions will force you to see the one and only option this November for President. Mitt Romney 2012!

In your 8 sentences of dogma, you never mentioned the wonderful health effects of coal on seniors, children, adults or animals. You chose to banter about the wonders of coal and deliberately escape the reality of coals harmful effects on humans and animals. Profits seem to be the most important part of your understanding and its clear that you would sell out your fellow citizens health for the profitability of a corporation.

Ya, you got it all figured out.

peace

TOS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
This is another one of those things that looks sort of bad on the surface. People are losing jobs, and some of those lost jobs are due to the gov't, and some are due to better methods, sort of like at UPS. What I found, when I decided to dig deeper, was a perhaps not so startling fact. In Ohio the jobs in the industry started going down in 2000, rather sharply. They leveled off a bit for 2004-5, but still down. In 2006 they dropped sharply again, through 2008. By 2009-10 they have leveled off again.

The outrage seems to be feigned, when the loses were far worse under the previous administration and have improved over the last two years.

Propaganda from both sides has a tendency to overwhelm. The sooner everyone realizes that they are both politicians, and will do anything to get elected, the easier it would be to choose the less evil, and maybe even come up with something better in a few years.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is another one of those things that looks sort of bad on the surface. People are losing jobs, and some of those lost jobs are due to the gov't, and some are due to better methods, sort of like at UPS. What I found, when I decided to dig deeper, was a perhaps not so startling fact. In Ohio the jobs in the industry started going down in 2000, rather sharply. They leveled off a bit for 2004-5, but still down. In 2006 they dropped sharply again, through 2008. By 2009-10 they have leveled off again.

The outrage seems to be feigned, when the loses were far worse under the previous administration and have improved over the last two years.

Propaganda from both sides has a tendency to overwhelm. The sooner everyone realizes that they are both politicians, and will do anything to get elected, the easier it would be to choose the less evil, and maybe even come up with something better in a few years.
Yeah, the outrage is fake !!
These miners were taking care of their families, now they'll be on the unemployment list!! Typical lefty response....we all imagine the problem.

Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs | Fox News

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Not only is the outrage feigned, it seems to be the work of a provocateur.

You do know that those coal workers in Romney's ad not only had to attend that photo op, but actually lost pay because of it.

I hate to repeat it, but Bush lost more coal mining jobs in Ohio than Obama. Obama has stopped the hemorrhaging of jobs. Romney should make those workers whole.

Propaganda works, it would seem. Look at facts, not ads.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not only is the outrage feigned, it seems to be the work of a provocateur.

You do know that those coal workers in Romney's ad not only had to attend that photo op, but actually lost pay because of it.

I hate to repeat it, but Bush lost more coal mining jobs in Ohio than Obama. Obama has stopped the hemorrhaging of jobs. Romney should make those workers whole.

Propaganda works, it would seem. Look at facts, not ads.

So,him saying in his own words is also fake?

Obama to Bankrupt Coal Industry and Raise Energy Prices - YouTube

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes we make it allllll up. In his own words, and yet we still make it up. And he still gets elected, because those that vote, some of those 47% dont need to worry about silly things as these, because they get HEAp, and other assistance. They never feel the crunch because more of our money goes to subsidize them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Corporations support Republicans. Corporations lay off people. Corporations want to gut OSHA, overtime laws, eliminate pensions. Corporations send jobs to other countries. Corporations are sitting on record amounts of cash, many have record profits and stock prices. The only people hurting in this country are the working class.

BrownArmy

Yes we make it allllll up. In his own words, and yet we still make it up. And he still gets elected, because those that vote, some of those 47% dont need to worry about silly things as these, because they get HEAp, and other assistance. They never feel the crunch because more of our money goes to subsidize them.

But, but, but...

Tooner, when Romney talks about the '47%' of American citizens who don't pay income taxes, that includes senior citizens, active military, the working-poor, families with children/mortgages etc. etc, who take advantage of tax incentives put in place by members of both parties.

Many of these people are Republicans and would likely vote for Romney.

When he equates the '47%' of non-income tax paying citizens to the exact same locked-in 47% who are going to vote for Obama, it's just not correct.

I know he was talking about his election-strategy to a bunch of $50,000-a-plate donors, but his math doesn't add up.

I think Republicans are a little nervous, because they're real 'hard' on the non-income tax portion of the US populace, but in many cases it's Republicans who worked in these tax 'credits' for the bottom of the financial populace:

These are the same Republicans that championed the Earned Income credit (Reagan), mortgage deductions for the 'middle-class', child-tax-deductions, etc.

(It's a win-win for Republicans, because they can say that they didn't raise taxes, but in reality they raised overall-taxes for everyone by championing these deductions into the tax code...you can't have it both ways!...i.e. don't slam the people that are benefiting from tax-policies that you endorsed, and then slam whatever President happens to be in office about the tax-code).

For Romney to talk about the '47%', he's talking about a significant portion of people who will likely vote for him, and he's alienating them by calling them 'victims'.

I agree with Menotyou: I hate 'moochers' (my idiot brother is one), but the '47%' Romney is talking about who don't pay taxes, they largely don't pay taxes due to bi-partisan support of tax-credits to the bottom rung of the economic ladder.

So, who's fibbing?

wkmac

But, but, but...

Tooner, when Romney talks about the '47%' of American citizens who don't pay income taxes, that includes senior citizens, active military, the working-poor, families with children/mortgages etc. etc, who take advantage of tax incentives put in place by members of both parties.

When he equates the '47%' of non-income tax paying citizens to the exact same locked-in 47% who are going to vote for Obama, it's just not correct.

I know he was talking about his election-strategy to a bunch of $50,000-a-plate donors, but his math doesn't add up.

I think Republicans are a little nervous, because they're real 'hard' on the non-income tax portion of the US populace, but in many cases it's Republicans who worked in these tax 'credits' for the bottom of the financial populace:

These are the same Republicans that championed the Earned Income credit (Reagan), mortgage deductions for the 'middle-class', child-tax-deductions, etc.

(It's a win-win for Republicans, because they can say that they didn't raise taxes, but in reality they raised overall-taxes for everyone by championing these deductions into the tax code...you can't have it both ways!...i.e. don't slam the people that are benefiting from tax-policies that you endorsed, and then slam whatever President happens to be in office about the tax-code).

For Romney to talk about the '47%', he's talking about a significant portion of people who will likely vote for him, and he's alienating them by calling them 'victims'.

I agree with Menotyou: I hate 'moochers' (my idiot brother is one), but the '47%' Romney is talking about who don't pay taxes, they largely don't pay taxes due to bi-partisan support of tax-credits to the bottom rung of the economic ladder.

So, who's fibbing?

I read an interesting piece yesterday on just who makes up the 47% who don't pay income tax.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
But, but, but...

So, who's fibbing?
I know all about moochers too, brown army, and that may be why I am so cynical. Your experiences make you who you are.
But I would rather have a rich guy running my country, than a guy who I feel in my heart does not love his country. He has never once said he is for the working people. he has had more than one 50k a plate dinner, for his fund raisers. And that is all fine, thats how it has always worked, and as wkmac says, in that respect they are all the same.
I think my first dislike of him, was hearing about how electricity would necessarily sky rocket, and how he would bankrupt coal with his cap and trade. then it wa the cop thing when he said the cop acted stupidly. I know where I deliver if a cop sees a guy crawling in a window, they are on it, no matter the color of his/her skin. The highest officer in our land should not have made that comment prematurely.
when he said he would not want his daughters punished by an unwanted baby, well hell, Im not a pro or con abortionist person, but if I had , been blessed with a daughter, I would not have talked about a future grandchild that way. I had a baby very young, actually the yr 1973 when abortion became legal in many states, and my parents supported my decision, not my bad judgement, and Thank the Lord as I have a wonderful successful 38 yr old son, who had an idiot for a mother at that time. That statement frosted me. While some may say Romney does not either, he has so much more than this guy ever had going for him, but I think Obama will win, and we will all pay for it.
I dont think he has the experience to run this country, I dont think he has the heartbeat of America in his plans.
The Big O just never grew on me, I dislike so much about him, and none of it is because of his color.