OBAMA gets another high profile Terror suspect! Who's tough on terror now?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It makes no difference what we all say, the matter of saddam is closed. He didnt not get justice, he got a railroad, but what did we get in return? Oh yeah, a national deficit with two wars that keeps on growing. 3.5 trillion to hang a man and over 7000 soldiers killed.

Sounds like a bargain.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It makes no difference what we all say, the matter of saddam is closed. He didnt not get justice, he got a railroad, but what did we get in return? Oh yeah, a national deficit with two wars that keeps on growing. 3.5 trillion to hang a man and over 7000 soldiers killed.

Sounds like a bargain.

Peace.
"didn't not"........now I forget, does a double negative make a positive? If so, does that mean Saddam got justice?

wkmac

It was first reported in January of last year that the Obama administration had compiled a hit list of American citizens whom the President had ordered assassinated without any due process, and one of those Americans was Anwar al-Awlaki. No effort was made to indict him for any crimes (despite a report last October that the Obama administration was “considering” indicting him). Despite substantial doubt among Yemen experts about whether he even had any operational role in Al Qaeda, no evidence (as opposed to unverified government accusations) was presented of his guilt. When Awlaki’s father sought a court order barring Obama from killing his son, the DOJ argued, among other things, that such decisions were “state secrets” and thus beyond the scrutiny of the courts. He was simply ordered killed by the President: his judge, jury and executioner. When Awlaki’s inclusion on President Obama’s hit list was confirmed, The New York Times noted that “it is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing.”
After several unsuccessful efforts to assassinate its own citizen, the U.S. succeeded today (and it was the U.S.). It almost certainly was able to find and kill Awlaki with the help of its long-time close friend President Saleh, who took a little time off from murdering his own citizens to help the U.S. murder its. The U.S. thus transformed someone who was, at best, a marginal figure into a martyr, and again showed its true face to the world. The government and media search for The Next bin Laden has undoubtedly already commenced.

Glenn Greenwald

Sounds like a bargain.

Peace.
You are right about one thing, it makes no difference what you say. I really doubt there was many people in the world that didn't know of the crimes Saddam was guilty of. IMHO, justice was served even it it was not done in the proper way.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I have to call in on Oct. 7th after 5 PM and the recording will tell me what to do. We both get jury duty letters too often. I mean there's over 3 million people in O.C., there doesn't seem to be a proper rotation!!

The hard part here is that the county is huge and your little trip to court can be a 70-75 mile round trip in rush hour (both morning and evening) and that doesn't make for a happy camper.

"You want $3 million from this guy because you think you were wronged? Do you know how much I spent in gas just getting here today and the dick drivers I had to contend with?"

Oh, you don't want me on your jury!!
We get called for jury duty every year or 2. Tomorrow I have to show up for jury duty at Santa Ana superior court. In 2009 Tony spent a couple of weeks on a jury in a gang related murder case at that same courthouse. Our daughter has jury duty tomorrow too. Seems like the oc jury duty process recycles the same people year after year. I wonder if they just keep recalling the people that actually show up.

bbsam

Staff member
Where have you been...under a rock?
Normally around here, people are in a hurry to post video evidence. Just wondering why the discrepency this time. Or does this fall under the "Clinton had Vince Foster killed" column of silly news items.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We get called for jury duty every year or 2. Tomorrow I have to show up for jury duty at Santa Ana superior court. In 2009 Tony spent a couple of weeks on a jury in a gang related murder case at that same courthouse. Our daughter has jury duty tomorrow too. Seems like the oc jury duty process recycles the same people year after year. I wonder if they just keep recalling the people that actually show up.

I want Harbor Justice in Newport from now on. Parking is 'on site' and airport-like security. Short walk to 3 or 4 fast food places. My serice was 1 1/2 days......very good experience.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Normally around here, people are in a hurry to post video evidence. Just wondering why the discrepency this time. Or does this fall under the "Clinton had Vince Foster killed" column of silly news items.

Its old news that everyone except you knew about...maybe you should search youtube and you will find vids of Helen Thomas and her comments about Jews. Maybe the reason you dont know about it is because it was not mentioned on Liberal or Lefty websites and MSM?

bbsam

Staff member
Probably I just don't care very much. Helen Thomas is just about as much of a nobody to me as Hannity and Limbaugh.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Probably I just don't care very much. Helen Thomas is just about as much of a nobody to me as Hannity and Limbaugh.

Apparently you cared enough to make this comment when i brought it up:

Originally Posted by bbsam evidence? Or just name calling?

bbsam

Staff member
Apparently you cared enough to make this comment when i brought it up:

Originally Posted by bbsam evidence? Or just name calling?
As I said before. People are usually quick to post evidence. In this case not so much. Seemed strange.