Objections to Upcoming ABC 9/11 Program

moreluck

golden ticket member
I told wkmac (back in post#17) that I would watch it that night and give him an opinion. I keep my word.

And right, I do post recipes, but not the entire magazine they come from and the history of every ingredient involved. And, many of those recipes are typed by me, myself & I.

The jokes are important. If we don't have something to chuckle over, we'd be walking around frowning all the time. Besides, go search all of your sites and learn about laughter's relationship to good health.

My postings here are an extremely small part of my day. Yes, I am signed in to browncafe.......I leave it on all day just like my home page, my e-mail page, etc. Sometimes I'm gone all day and I still show signed in on here. Although, I don't owe you an explanation of anything I do.

Have a nice day! :) :lol: :wink: :thumbup:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
As said by someone who spent 5 hours watching the slop in question, and spends countless hours here cutting & pasting jokes & recipes.
Oh gee, how unexpected... another unbelievably petty and childish ad hominem attack posted by Slothrop... Your comment is not unexpected, nor is it unusual based upon your pattern of behavior in this forum.

You are obviously an intelligent person that could contribute valuable information here. Instead of taking a reasonable approach and debating issues you consistently attack users that don't share your point of view and in doing so you undermine your own credibility.

Here is the flame policy of this website clipped from the TOS:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

wkmac

No knocking More and the recipe threads! I find them very useful especially when I'm looking to try something I've never had before. And I agree with her that in failing to laugh you're only harming your own longterm health! I say to both kinds of threads for her to keep it up, plus some.

More,
As for reading all the sites, researching all the info, the reality is you can't. Not a soul here can and for that fact not a soul here knows it all nor has all the answers. As I've said before, our posting here including mine really only prove how full of it we really are. Nothing more! (no pun intended)

The fact is, there is a little truth and a little BS in about everything. To me, the important thing is to show that there are many ideas and there is more than one way to skin a cat and for those who choose a specific method, for them, it work's quite well I'm sure. However, there is one rock solid fact to consider and that is I ain't you, I ain't them and you and they aren't me so what works for me may, won't, can't, etc. work for you and/or them.

I just object when someone would suggest that my only choice of getting from point A to point B is their way and that's the only way. If I wanna go the scenic route, get lost and waste my time then why not let me do it? At the same time, I'll try my best to extend that same courtesy to you in your life.

Life is really like cooking in many respects. There are many ways to cook the same food and in some cases, a person will not different from their recipe no matter what. They may also take a dogmatic approach that you follow them or else. In other cases, the recipes will vary with folks and those opened minded enough will see that this spice or that ingredient works better than what they are currently using. By having the freedom to be creative in the kitichen the best recipe will come to the top and in the end everyone eats good.

IMO political structure for the broader people is best served when there are many kitchens, many cooks and many recipes and the freedom to go for it. The best eatin' always comes to the top in this atmosphere where the final meal's fixins come from a variety of sources.

Now all this talk of food has me hungry!
:tongue_sm

Slothrop

Oh gee, how unexpected... another unbelievably petty and childish ad hominem attack posted by Slothrop... Your comment is not unexpected, nor is it unusual based upon your pattern of behavior in this forum.

You are obviously an intelligent person that could contribute valuable information here. Instead of taking a reasonable approach and debating issues you consistently attack users that don't share your point of view and in doing so you undermine your own credibility.

Here is the flame policy of this website clipped from the TOS:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

If you apply your TOS to me, you must apply them to those who flame me as well. Name calling would fall under this.

I am fully prepared to tell anyone face to face what I express here.

Same rules for all, or no rules.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
If you apply your TOS to me, you must apply them to those who flame me as well. Name calling would fall under this.

I am fully prepared to tell anyone face to face what I express here.

Same rules for all, or no rules.
And since when is pointing out a fact considered an ad hominem attack?

I'm not an expert in argumentation theories but I do believe that ad hominem is a commonly used term which describes addressing the person with an opposing viewpoint and not the topic in dispute during an argument. An example given by Wikipedia is: "Paula says the umpire made the correct call, but this is false, because Paula is too important to pay attention to the game."

The original point I was trying to make is that users of this website agree to comply with the Terms of Service and conduct themselves in a civilized manner. This structure is especially important when users are involved in debate or dialogue with someone of a differing viewpoint. That kind of dialogue can easily degenerate if the participants become frustrated and lose their composure.

FYI if you believe that another user has violated the TOS there is a process in place to report posts.

For example: If I were to become frustrated and lose my composure after reading your responses to my last post I might choose to respond to you with a post pointing out that you are a cheeky monkey.

In that situation you could report my post...

Slothrop

I'm not an expert in argumentation theories but I do believe that ad hominem is a commonly used term which describes addressing the person with an opposing viewpoint and not the topic in dispute during an argument. An example given by Wikipedia is: "Paula says the umpire made the correct call, but this is false, because Paula is too important to pay attention to the game."
For example: If I were to become frustrated and lose my composure after reading your responses to my last post I might choose to respond to you with a post pointing out that you are a cheeky monkey.

In that situation you could report my post...

Which I have done and you have chosen to ignore. Perhaps you should usurp the moniker 'Double Standard' from its present owner and claim it as your own.

Or you could just ban my IP again.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Which I have done and you have chosen to ignore. Perhaps you should usurp the moniker 'Double Standard' from its present owner and claim it as your own.

Or you could just ban my IP again.
Thank you for the suggestions, I will take them under advisement.

DS

Fenderbender
dont drag me ito this...hey DS is a name I came up with years ago when the service levels first came out...and I discovered the brown cafe`,it was my way of being a rebel because at the time our level of on time delivery was way below what our promise was, hence the double_standard...but over the years it has improved greatly.I think that slothropsuzie wants to be friends,because she keeps coming back. Cheryl has made this site a great place to rant,talk,chat,vent,share,tell jokes,cry...and some people just dont seem to exude that around the campfire feeling.Suzie,remember when I asked you to chat with us way back when?You said why would I do that,to be gang raped? I think you may be a good person at heart but you do have issues.Cheryl has good reason to dislike you as do all of us,but you are still a human being,say something positive and let us believe that you can be a friend.Agree to disagree?
Participate in the brown cafe` christmas gift exchange?