OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Thebrownblob

Minimize compensation while doubling profits and dividend payouts. In the middle of the highest inflation and tightest labor market we have seen in decades. Good luck with that.
The first part of his statement is exactly what they’re going to do. Regular full-time employees will be working different schedules that we are used to Monday through Friday and Tuesday through Saturday by seniority.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The first part of his statement is exactly what they’re going to do. Regular full-time employees will be working different schedules that we are used to Monday through Friday and Tuesday through Saturday by seniority.
What schedules that be?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Wouldn’t that still be the same schedule as now just that they would be regular drivers with 9.5 protection and 8hr requests etc. and regular top out

Thebrownblob

Wouldn’t that still be the same schedule as now just that they would be regular drivers with 9.5 protection and 8hr requests etc. and regular top out
Yes it would. There would be no more to 22.4 and your five day work week would be by seniority Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. Same 9.5 same eight hour requests. Makes sense to me, but you’d be surprised how many drivers feel Saturday should be premium pay no matter what. 🤷‍♂️

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Yes it would. There would be no more to 22.4 and your five day work week would be by seniority Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. Same 9.5 same eight hour requests. Makes sense to me, but you’d be surprised how many drivers feel Saturday should be premium pay no matter what. 🤷‍♂️
Yea I get that. But I guess what I am saying is it won’t change much in the schedule we are working now. If you are mon-fri you should have seniority to stay mon-fri if that makes sense.

Thebrownblob

Yea I get that. But I guess what I am saying is it won’t change much in the schedule we are working now. If you are mon-fri you should have seniority to stay mon-fri if that makes sense.
It will, but I would imagine the routes will be adjusted and will cause some movement, and some will be unhappy. And I’m also hearing we’re going to get a lot of surepost work back but it should alleviate a lot of the forced in to do six days. In theory. And no doubt there will be some lower seniority RPCDs now who will be forced to eight Tuesday through Saturday schedule and be unhappy. 🤷‍♂️ assuming all this comes to fruition

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Minimize compensation while doubling profits and dividend payouts. In the middle of the highest inflation and tightest labor market we have seen in decades. Good luck with that.
please stop spreading disinformation, our PRESIDENT has said this is the strongest economy in the history of the world

542thruNthru

Do you have RPCD's being forced in on Saturday? If so then that amount of people will more than likely have their schedule changed to Tuesday through Saturday

Thebrownblob

Don't you remember every single driver flipping out that they would have to be T-S? It was all a fight to STOP Saturday work from even happening. Still to this day people think voting out 22.4s will eliminate Saturday delivery.
There’s gonna be a lot of pissed off people the same ones who are saying they hated 22.4 I guarantee it

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I agree although you might be surprised how many of our fellow workers feel Saturday should be premium pay no matter what. 🤷‍♂️
Honestly though I think that's the only real way to fix the weekend

You basically have the lowest seniority drivers running whole loops for less pay on what the rest of the non-retail country considers a day off

Unless we incentivize enough to keep new people and maybe get SOME senior drivers to work and bring stability to the weekend, it will forever be a dumping ground

Thebrownblob

It was that way from the get go, 22.4's were added in later to take pressure off the high turnover (didn't work) and protect senior drivers from being forced in on sat (mostly worked)
I agree with you on the turnover, but I totally disagree with you on the Saturday seniority drivers not being forced. Perhaps it worked where you are somewhat but here in the past five years it’s probably been building wide force or very close to it for the last three years solid at least. Part of it is due because they can’t keep 22.4 . The other part is the advancing the Monday volume to Saturday

Thebrownblob

Honestly though I think that's the only real way to fix the weekend

You basically have the lowest seniority drivers running whole loops for less pay on what the rest of the non-retail country considers a day off

Unless we incentivize enough to keep new people and maybe get SOME senior drivers to work and bring stability to the weekend, it will forever be a dumping ground
Yes, I do believe it will be mostly the lower seniority drivers doing Saturday, but there will be some senior drivers who might not mind working Saturday. And I’m really hopeful that they can at least restructure the raises during progression as well as include people in progression in the cola raise, which made no sense to me