OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

AKCoverMan

a few people working a few days no they don't care.

But there is one easy way to cut OT cut 6 punches and no one ever talks about it.

All we need is language that ensures we are paid pension and healthcare money for every hour instead of only the first 8 and 5 days a week.
Yes remove the 2080 hour cap on pensions and make 9.5 penalty automatic. Suddenly they would aim their dispatch target a lot closer to an average 8-8.5 hour day.

AKCoverMan

I also inquired about negotiating, supplements first, as I do not understand how that would work. Should be negotiated out of the national first.
Our Local team starts meeting this week in preparation for first round at the table with company the week of Valentines Day. I see that Sean and National Team just started their first meetings to sort out proposals on the NMA like a week or so ago.. so I see it all kinda happening concurrently.

Perhaps part of plan is to insure that the sups don’t end up holding down the NMA? I don’t know but I think it will be an interesting process.

Thebrownblob

Our Local team starts meeting this week in preparation for first round at the table with company the week of Valentines Day. I see that Sean and National Team just started their first meetings to sort out proposals on the NMA like a week or so ago.. so I see it all kinda happening concurrently.

Perhaps part of plan is to insure that the sups don’t end up holding down the NMA? I don’t know but I think it will be an interesting process.
That’s possible I still a little confusing, but hopefully it all works out

AKCoverMan

regular PT/FT employees, just with more schedule flexibility or something

the company wants schedule flexibility and to minimize compensation, not weird job classifications with bizarre rules
I think we may see this… eliminate PVD and 22.4 in return make language for seven day a week operations all with RPCDs.. having weekends off would be seniority thing.

Thebrownblob

Yes but they seem to pay much more attention to making sure someone dosent get away with a few mins of guarantee than to insuring we get off under 9.5 🤣🤣
Definitely right now that seems to be the flavor of the month. I don’t understand it but it’s the truth lol they truly step over a dollar to save a nickel.

Pullman Brown

It will, but I would imagine the routes will be adjusted and will cause some movement, and some will be unhappy. And I’m also hearing we’re going to get a lot of surepost work back but it should alleviate a lot of the forced in to do six days. In theory. And no doubt there will be some lower seniority RPCDs now who will be forced to eight Tuesday through Saturday schedule and be unhappy. 🤷‍♂️ assuming all this comes to fruition

I’m am just really concerned that all that does is move the problem around. How does more surepost help?

AKCoverMan

That’s what the teamsters before us fought for 40 hour week and weekends off

It’s like spitting in their faces
I’m not spitting in anyone’s face..

I’m not for forcing members to have no days off. But if The company has services all week, someone has to work. The package delivery business is not just a five day a week business anymore.

Personally I’d love a Tue-Sat schedule as I have a Monday night activity that I struggle to attend every week.

AKCoverMan

fought for 40 hour week
I’m more concerned about getting closer to 40 hour week than I am about which days of the week we work. Obviously should have set consecutive schedule days off and working on those days off should be premium pay (OT, DT) but everyone dosent necessary have to have Saturday and Sunday as their schedule day off.

I‘d be willing to look at alternatives like 4x10 too.