OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Drink Craft Beer

Interesting. What year was this? We've had day after Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember.
I'm in the central, small hub.

Up until about 6yrs ago, we always had black Friday off. Then about 3/4 the way through the pre-load that Monday there was no room left in the package cars, so we stopped with some semi's still needing to be unloaded.

So from then on we've worked on black Friday, getting paid for the holiday + double time for doing so.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Why would the Company want to remove these positions that are cheaper than an RPCD?
Because it was a garbage idea from the Teamsters to begin with; UPS wants to keep staffing classifications (and thus pay) simple, and then just negotiate down the bottom line

It's the Teamsters that come up with mongoloid new job classes with weird pay bands, just to protect their senior cash cows, I mean due payers

Thebrownblob

Not sure where you deliver, it city routes pretty typically have a lot less pcs from what I’ve seen.
I deliver in a city I’ve never really seen 140 packages I suppose it’s possible but maybe 140 stops is more likely. Now the rural routes definitely take out less packages I had over 400 pieces today myself delivered

Last edited: