OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

Trucker Clock

A big show? I don't see it being that big.

OK. Put on a show, but not too big of a show so we don’t rock the boat.

If they wanted to send a message to UPS and rock the boat, it would have been planned better and a lot bigger.

But, it was actually planned this way. It was not an over site.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We all have to look out in this Contract for the (Red Herrings).

22.4’s
need to be addressed.. equal pay for equal work. The 4 year progression will probably stay but needs the GWI’s and COLA included.

PVD’s usage will be limited to Peak Season only.

A/C in package cars.. seriously is that the real issue or is it overworking our drivers till they physically injure themselves. There should be weather considerations when we put our drivers at risk, the Company is never going to pay a service failure when a (Act of God) is involved.

Was anyone around when Carey called a one day strike over that 150 pound weight increase.. (February 1994)? Eventually these over 70’s will take it’s toll over a 25 year period, any statistics on just how many of us will be forced to quit or end up with a permanent disability before we are able to collect a decent pension, probably not..
We took part in the 1 day strike up here in Boston local 25

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
We all have to look out in this Contract for the (Red Herrings).

22.4’s
need to be addressed.. equal pay for equal work. The 4 year progression will probably stay but needs the GWI’s and COLA included.

PVD’s usage will be limited to Peak Season only.

A/C in package cars.. seriously is that the real issue or is it overworking our drivers till they physically injure themselves. There should be weather considerations when we put our drivers at risk, the Company is never going to pay a service failure when a (Act of God) is involved.

Was anyone around when Carey called a one day strike over that 150 pound weight increase.. (February 1994)? Eventually these over 70’s will take it’s toll over a 25 year period, any statistics on just how many of us will be forced to quit or end up with a permanent disability before we are able to collect a decent pension, probably not..
Would like to see us get SurePost back as well

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Good read. If anyone wants to share what we go through with a non UPSer this article will help paint the picture of what’s going on.

DOK

Let’s have clear language on pvd’s and permit use during peak, would rather have pvd deliver some stops than getting a helper, eliminate 22.4 position all together and 6 punch language that pays time and a half if forced or volunteer to work a 6th punch in any week.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not exactly what I meant. I don't want the company to be able to pick and choose shifts and types of members and then also have the ability to take it away as they please.
Technically, they've "always" been able to. Pretty sure the contract says all pay rates shall be a minimum. As long as people are getting at least what they are supposed to get, not much can be said if UPS wants to pay others more than what is the minimum. I'm sure many will disagree. And that's cool.