OBrien Sends a Clear Message!

over9five

Staff member
Screenshot_20230110_102228_UPS Teamsters.jpg

"We're going into these negotiations with a clear message to UPS that we're not going past August 1st"

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
What is he going to give up to get all the stuff he wants? I'm in complete support and i hope the hourlies get EVERYTHING on the list but I dont see UPS saying "Okay,here you go,you guys work hard we want you happy!"

Thebrownblob

What is he going to give up to get all the stuff he wants? I'm in complete support and i hope the hourlies get EVERYTHING on the list but I dont see UPS saying Okay,here you go.
Depends on what you think he’s going to be asking for? And what the company already actually wants and needs.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Depends on what you think he’s going to be asking for? And what the company already actually wants and needs.
he's talking about doing away with 22.4,PVD's, Sub Contracting and raising PT wages as well as AC in the package cars.

I'm a fan of ALL of his wants,but whats he willing to give up?

Staydryitsraining

22.4s will be gone or pvds will be gone i doubt both. We might actually get triple pay for every hour worked over 9.5 we will get another 4 to 5 an hour over the life of the contract. I don't think anything else will change. I think we will strike for maybe a week and the following Monday we will be back at worst because both sides know a week of sitting will likely cripple the network.
My prediction

Thebrownblob

he's talking about doing away with 22.4,PVD's, Sub Contracting and raising PT wages as well as AC in the package cars.

I'm a fan of ALL of his wants,but whats he willing to give up?
The company needs a higher starting rate of pay for a part timers that’s an easy one.

The company needs a better solution to Foced six days. I suspect they’re ready to deal on the 22.4, but I don’t think many of the full-time drivers will like the answer. Many of them think Saturday should be a premium payday. I suspect an agreement will be made to get rid of 22.4 and have regular drivers working Tuesday through Saturday by seniority at regular pay.

I do agree with you the PVD is the wildcard here and could cause a strike

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
PVD's will likely be the "wild-card". They're like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. That being said, I can see the company getting rid of the PVD's and then putting the work load on the PC drivers. When hours get out of control or too many packages are coming back "not delivered" they will try and get them back. Maybe they'll agree to not having them with the caveat that if things go south, (for the company's numbers) that they can bring them back. I don't really know, just speculating. But I definitely see the company putting it on the Union to "step-up" if they don't want PVD's.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How about starting us earlier and lowering the weight limit …THATS WHAT WE WANT!!!!!

150lb weight limit but we’re mad about
22.4s 🤦‍♂️
🧔‍♂️✊

We all have to look out in this Contract for the (Red Herrings).

22.4’s
need to be addressed.. equal pay for equal work. The 4 year progression will probably stay but needs the GWI’s and COLA included.

PVD’s usage will be limited to Peak Season only.

A/C in package cars.. seriously is that the real issue or is it overworking our drivers till they physically injure themselves. There should be weather considerations when we put our drivers at risk, the Company is never going to pay a service failure when a (Act of God) is involved.

Was anyone around when Carey called a one day strike over that 150 pound weight increase.. (February 1994)? Eventually these over 70’s will take it’s toll over a 25 year period, any statistics on just how many of us will be forced to quit or end up with a permanent disability before we are able to collect a decent pension, probably not..

Johney

How about starting us earlier and lowering the weight limit …THATS WHAT WE WANT!!!!!

150lb weight limit but we’re mad about
22.4s 🤦‍♂️
🧔‍♂️✊

Doubtful the weight limit is even on the table, and why are you lifting it? Call center and get help.
Was told many years ago to recruit help from the customer and call for help as a last resort. Well had that rare 150 lber and recruited help from said customer like instructed to do and the customer got hurt. Not sure what ever happened but was told never to do that again.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Was told many years ago to recruit help from the customer and call for help as a last resort. Well had that rare 150 lber and recruited help from said customer like instructed to do and the customer got hurt. Not sure what ever happened but was told never to do that again.
whenever i was instructed to seek customer assistance i replied that the Customer had not been trained in the Safe Work Methods

542thruNthru

The company needs a higher starting rate of pay for a part timers that’s an easy one.
I disagree. The company likes MRAs. Pay the price they need to when they need the people and drop it and watch people quit instead of laying them off or trying to find work for them.
The company needs a better solution to Foced six days. I suspect they’re ready to deal on the 22.4, but I don’t think many of the full-time drivers will like the answer. Many of them think Saturday should be a premium payday. I suspect an agreement will be made to get rid of 22.4 and have regular drivers working Tuesday through Saturday by seniority at regular pay.
The company had already told us last contract what they want. Any 5 in 7 schedules. SOB is :censored2:ing the supps by having them negotiate first before "removing" 22.4s. How are supps supposed to negotiate language on something like removal of 22.4s when it hasn't even happen yet. Things like bid route language that will need to change. Let's be honest. Sean is only negotiating the supps first so that they don't get in his way later.
I do agree with you the PVD is the wildcard here and could cause a strike
PVDs are going no where in my opinion. Like all the arbitration have said. They will just be negotiated into the contract. We'll finally have PVD language is how I see it.