O'Brien/Zuckerman Add Campos

What'dyabringmetoday???

Remember Carnac the Magnificent ?

A: All of them.

Carnac.jpg

Q: Who are the most unhappy employee's at UPS ?
Not sure if you are saying I am unhappy. If so- not sure where you came up with that. Surprised you have time to respond. I imagine the breakfast buffet is in full swing. Make sure you get a new plate each trip.

Staydryitsraining

No doubt, K Hall has been the IBT's Secretary Treasurer for the better part of two decades.
Second in charge of more than a million members and tasked to look after tens of millions in dues money.

....yet somehow is still President of Local 175 also.

Makes zero sense to me?
Our ba is also the treasurer. Doesn't make any sense.

F

Frankie's Friend

On his 5th term, as the IBT General President. He must be doing something right.
I hate to break it to you.... but, Ron Carey didn't walk on water.

What he did walk on, was a 1st class ticket to being banned from the Teamsters
-Bug-

When he got banned Hoffa was was lucky.
Had he been able to run again he would have mopped the floor with the lawyer....again.

Btw: his dad's reputation (and name) carried the majority of his support.
Had Sandy run against him 1 for 1 I would say that he would have had his hands full (no pun intended). Heck, at the debate i saw with his opponents Hoffa sent hall in to fight his battle for him which was a good thing for him.

J Kelly spoke well of Hoffa and loathed Carey. That told me enough right there.

When the company likes your GP odds are that in time the members wont.

Are we there yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

I agree. Or it could be any part timer lol.
The part timer that is a lifer or the revolving door hybrid part timer that leaves prior to a year of service with no paid time off and no benefits?

They dont give a crap about any cba. They just wonder why excessive dues are being extracted from their checks and no one from the local contacts them about anything in regards to the deductions. After they realize that they cannot afford to work there anymore all they want to pursue is a different job. They only care about this week's bottom line...not a 30 yr career.

It takes a 20 yr seniority date to split a vacation week into days?
That'll keep them wanting to stay.

Knocked it out of the park with that one.

F

Frankie's Friend

Come on @BigUnionGuy , you can tell me I'm short sighted on the GP issue. I'm looking at it from our perspective, reality or not.

Perception is 80% of the motivation to act on making changes or supporting the status quo.

I'd say that most upsers that are as active as members should be have a dim view of their GP and the good faith negotiating portrayed during recent cbas.

I roll with the punches a little better than I used to but the friendly fire is getting harder to tolerate.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our ba is also the treasurer. Doesn't make any sense.

Every elected Officer of the Local Union is by virtue, also a BA.

So it would be President/BA or Secretary-Treasure/BA etc....

Does he draw 2 pay checks for this

I assume people know this stuff.

The answer is no.

The only time a Local Official collects any other compensation, is when he/she

serves on a Joint Council, State Conference, Grievance Panels or are appointed

as the Director of a certain craft.

If you look at the IBT's, Joint Council, and Local Union's LM-2 reports....

you can see a breakdown of all the various salaries.

Search Unions

Or, even this.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...l/1547843795/200000-Club-Jan18.pdf?1547843795

-Bug-