Sean O'Brien's role in the railroad deal

Thebrownblob

You know that's exactly what happened in 97, yes? And UPS negotiators hated having to treat rank and file negotiators as peers. To me it's no different than refusing to kow-tow to any member of management at any time. The labor manager here kicked me out of my own grievance hearing. Did I yell? No. Did I curse at him? No. Did I make threats? No. He simply couldn't stand that I held my own with him, and that I insisted he treat me with respect.
Lol most Labor managers are pre-madonnas, The best thing to do with them is to bait them into taking a bad case to the panel so they look stupid in front of their peers, they hate that.

Whither

Scofflaw
Lol most Labor managers are pre-madonnas, The best thing to do with them is to bait them into taking a bad case to the panel so they look stupid in front of their peers, they hate that.

20221023_170112.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Any thoughts on O'Brien and the RR deal? :wink-very:
I still have hope for O’Brien. The RR deal is pretty straightforward, those poor bastards deserve better. No one here would put up with the schedule they work. O’Brien is from my backyard, he better do the right thing or he’ll lose support from his own people. We’re a vengeful lot too.

Whither

Scofflaw
I still have hope for O’Brien. The RR deal is pretty straightforward, those poor bastards deserve better. No one here would put up with the schedule they work. O’Brien is from my backyard, he better do the right thing or he’ll lose support from his own people. We’re a vengeful lot too.
Good to hear. I hope that's the case. I'm not encouraged to read that "union negotiators" (article didn't specify O'Brien, but he recommended this deal ...) backed away from their initial proposal of 15 paid sick days because the RR negotiators scoffed.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Same as that clown, I remember him saying that.

Back then that attitude was prevalent among our management. It ended up that most of those that put their papers in were borderline sociopaths. They would knife their own grandmothers for another piece of MIP, It developed a corporate culture of distain for the Union Employees who where considered inferior.

The Union has clear evidence of the Company executives discriminating and targeting individuals and work groups when that elitist work culture is attacked, got fat and entitled at the pig trough by pushing others out of the way (hourly and management).

There have been a lot of good management people over the years, but unfortunately those are the ones who saw things and quit or took an early buy out. It seems that those managers who did get to the Corporate levels ended up being soulless creatures and took advantage of the lack of any accountability for their unethical actions.

100%

Which is the problem when you put your hand out for help with the government, too many strings attached, we should only be putting the power of the membership front and center.

Sean is still new, he’s doing a very good job so far I will not judge him only on the railroad contract because it is quite complicated. The Teamsters are the smallest fish in that fishbowl. I do believe Sean will support the members if they vote it down.

As with everything with me it would be trust but verify. Shawn‘s legacy has not even begun so we will find out.
Pvds deemed a violation in arbitration and they’re still using them. That’s not impressive at all. He looks the same thing that left to me so far.