Odd question

jill del

YOURE SUPPOSED TO LOOK WHERE YOURE GOING!! What if it was a little girl on her bike coming up the driveway cuz she was lost and looking for help? You're just gonna mow her down because you don't need to look around you until you get to the curb?

The ups driver down the street was the only thing around, I've said this countless times throughout the thread!!!! No kids, people walking, animals around. My mother said that!!!!!

Poop Head

Judge me.
I would hope your driver didn't back all the way up your 35' driveway to deliver a pair of shoes btw. were trained to only back far enough to be off the street.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
She got in her car to drive to the church to clean like she does every week. Never has a ups truck come into the driveway. The always just stop on the side of the road. Our driveway is probably about 35 feet long, we usually back the whole way out and stop to look for traffic on the road (we don't live on a busy street) so she was supposed to assume that ups driver was going to come in the driveway? You come out of your house and see that your the only vehicle in your own driveway. You're supposed to assume the ups driver up the street is going to come in the driveway....so now people should be psychic?
You don't assume anything that's the whole point I'm making here.

If you're driving down your driveway forward you don't close your eyes because "no one is ever there".

No one is saying the ups driver did nothing wrong. I'm just saying maybe mom should brush up on her driving some also.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
She got in her car to drive to the church to clean like she does every week. Never has a ups truck come into the driveway. The always just stop on the side of the road. Our driveway is probably about 35 feet long, we usually back the whole way out and stop to look for traffic on the road (we don't live on a busy street) so she was supposed to assume that ups driver was going to come in the driveway? You come out of your house and see that your the only vehicle in your own driveway. You're supposed to assume the ups driver up the street is going to come in the driveway....so now people should be psychic?
No we're not supposed to be psychic , but common sense says to look before backing at all times, if she couldn't see a UPS truck in driveway , she's not paying attention , what if a neighbor walked up the drive , a kid or mailman ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The ups driver down the street was the only thing around, I've said this countless times throughout the thread!!!! No kids, people walking, animals around. My mother said that!!!!!
So did she see the driver down the street then get in her car and sit there for a minute or two. Then put the car in reverse and go "assuming" the driver hadn't moved?

This sounds like the most likely scenario it happens a lot. I see people get in their vehicles and do God knows what for 3,4,5 minutes before moving. A lot can happen in that amount of time.

jill del

I don't know, I didn't ask her to break down every second of what happened. I just asked a question about a :censored2:ing policy or rule and had it answered so goodnight.

clean hairy

Understand as well, so many folks see the brown truck, but what they REALLY see is $$$$.
Knowing it is a big corporation that has $ to give away.
At least some see it as easy money.

jill del

Understand as well, so many folks see the brown truck, but what they REALLY see is $$$$.
Knowing it is a big corporation that has $ to give away.

My family owns their own successful business so we don't need to get freebies or handouts you mother :censored2:er. I come from a very hardworking, conservative Italian family so I have morals. We're not freeloading pieces of :censored2: like a lot of people are. I don't like liars and that's what the supervisor is. I don't take :censored2: off of people and I sure as hell am not going to take someone trying to say we want money. I believe in karma. What goes around always comes around.