Odd question

jill del

Well Rod, I just simply asked a question. My mother had an incident this morning. She got in her car to leave the house and saw the ups truck up the street. She started to back up and didn't even go two feet and the ups driver was backing up into out driveway and shattered the back of her car.

jill del

The driver was very nice and they exchanged insurance info. Then his supervisor came and said that we will be hearing from their insurance company. This evening my mom received a phone call from the supervisor and he was very unprofessional. It was clear that he was trying to get my mother to say it was her fault when it clearly wasn't.

PT Car Washer

Well Rod, I just simply asked a question. My mother had an incident this morning. She got in her car to leave the house and saw the ups truck up the street. She started to back up and didn't even go two feet and the ups driver was backing up into out driveway and shattered the back of her car.
That driver will be in a heap of trouble. I would imagine the Center Manager and a supervisor was there to investigate and take the driver out of service for the day.

jill del

Thanks for the info. I feel bad for the driver. However his supervisor is unprofessional and flat out lying and trying to blame my mother. I hope the driver does not lose his job as he was very kind. It's his supervisor who should be in trouble for acting the way he is. I'm just very disappointed.

PT Car Washer

The driver was very nice and they exchanged insurance info. Then his supervisor came and said that we will be hearing from their insurance company. This evening my mom received a phone call from the supervisor and he was very unprofessional. It was clear that he was trying to get my mother to say it was her fault when it clearly wasn't.
They are running a bluff. Was the car totaled or just a ding?

rod

Retired 22 years

So they backed into each other? Damn--you would think one of them would have been paying attention. Good luck with your claim.

PT Car Washer

Thanks for the info. I feel bad for the driver. However his supervisor is unprofessional and flat out lying and trying to blame my mother. I hope the driver does not lose his job as he was very kind. It's his supervisor who should be in trouble for acting the way he is. I'm just very disappointed.
Depending on the drivers record, and the severity of the accident it could be a slap on the wrist or a lot worse. As for the supervisors behavior, that is what he is paid for.

jill del

So they backed into each other? Damn--you would think one of them would have been paying attention. Good luck with your claim.

My mother was paying attention, she saw the truck up the street. So she should assume when she gets in her car next time that the ups truck up the street is going to back in our driveway....we've had many deliveries and that's the first time a truck has ever backed into our driveway.

jill del

Depending on the drivers record, and the severity of the accident it could be a slap on the wrist or a lot worse. As for the supervisors behavior, that is what he is paid for.

Well is a shame that he gets paid to try to put words into someone's mouth and come up with a bogus story that my mom hit the truck and her Jeep Wrangler (in reverse) pushed the truck two feet. Total lie. And he tried to get my mother to say she was on her phone when her phone was in her purse. He then said two different things. His first claim was that the driver honked the horn then later he said that driver was backed in and in the back getting a package....it's just sad that people have no morals.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How long is your driveway? Is there a culdusac 60' down the road? Was your mom lying in wait? What's really going on here? o_O
I'm guessing mom was running behind and was flying out of the drive. We've all seen it a ton. Or maybe the driver was flying backing into the driver even though that's highly unlikely.