Off the street FT Driver position

Scuderia1

All I know he's a full time sup and when we were in high-school I remember he was the only one who worked everyday after school we use to be like your crazy. 10 years later I'm asking him for his help.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hiring a FT off the street with no experience and right after peak...no way
SO Chicken legs are you calling me a liar, a troll or both???
Why would I randomly come on here and make this up ?
Not a troll ,I am an established member of this site for years and wouldn't make up a B. S story like that for thrills,some people on here actually know me so Why would I make something stupid up !! WE are talking UPS in 1989, not today! Where were you in 1989 ?? Kindergarten ? Playpin ? or I'll guess you weren't even thought of yet !!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
SO Chicken legs are you calling me a liar, a troll or both???
Why would I randomly come on here and make this up ?
Not a troll ,I am an established member of this site for years and wouldn't make up a B. S story like that for thrills,some people on here actually know me so Why would I make something stupid up !! WE are talking UPS in 1989, not today! Where were you in 1989 ?? Kindergarten ? Playpin ? or I'll guess you weren't even thought of yet !!
I really don't think he even noticed your post.
CL's post appeared to be directed at the OP.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So did your buddy come through with that full-time job Scuderia1 ?

Yep, and he immediately was promoted to center manager, screwed up his first week, and was sent to Timbuktu on special assignment.

IOW, we'll never hear from him again.:clown:

Scuderia1

Yea sorry to get back to you guys so late. Did the road the and medical now just waiting for orientation. The test was in an auto. Was looking forward to driving a stick one for the test

Scuderia1

Sorry to go off track, if the starting pay is $13 for a driver what would the progression look like? Would their be a raise in a month or anytime in 1 year. Or will it start after first year?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry to go off track, if the starting pay is $13 for a driver what would the progression look like? Would their be a raise in a month or anytime in 1 year. Or will it start after first year?

The starting pay is closer to $16/hr. When you start progression you would be at 75% of top rate at the time you start progression with 5% incremental raises for each year of the 4 year progression. Top rate continues to increase, although you won't see any of those increases until you complete progression, which makes for a very nice pay raise.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I remember starting at about $11.80 an hour and top rate was at $ 16.50 ,,many moons ago ,,,was one of the first guys hired on the new progression contract language, but still got the 1k bonus at Christmas