Official book thread

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Awesome book. Really makes you hate the Japanese tho.
yes. this has bothered me for years and years. not just the japanese. all peoples are capable of atrocities and this makes me depressed. Netflix has a serious about Japanese war criminals that we will watch after i finish this book.

My father had a hard time not hating the Japanese. He was stationed at Pearl after the attack. I asked him about it and he replied "I don't want to talk about it. "

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Come to think of it, I did read most of Louis L'Amour's stuff a long time ago. His works are pretty good.

Screenshot_20210625-201731.png
Screenshot_20210625-201731.png

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
yes. this has bothered me for years and years. not just the japanese. all peoples are capable of atrocities and this makes me depressed. Netflix has a serious about Japanese war criminals that we will watch after i finish this book.

My father had a hard time not hating the Japanese. He was stationed at Pearl after the attack. I asked him about it and he replied "I don't want to talk about it. "

Japanese government is super weird about ww2. Common view in Japan is that they were the victims during ww2. It wasn’t until like 1984 they were told that they lost the war.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They definitely don’t discuss unit 731 and Nanking. The children in schools are showed cartoons about Americans firebombing them.
I have the book Rape of Nanking but don't want to read it. I'm fascinated about war but it depresses me. Read Band of Brothers , also by Stephen E Ambrose. Excellent. Was hard to put down.