Official book thread

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
“The Quiet American” by Graham Greene.
It’s a “novel” coincidentally mirroring MG Edward Landsdale, the early CIA and the former’s action in the PI and RVN.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"Travels With Charley" by John Steinbeck

The great author decided to see for himself what America was like so he loaded up his truck with a camper top with his dog Charley and took a trip around the country.

What he found and having taken many cross country trips myself by car, bicycle, motorcycle , etc that most people in this country are good. Yes you will run into some bad people but the good out number them 99 to 1. The sights of America are great but it's always the good people that you remember more.

One of my favorite books. Read it about every 7-10 years.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"Gold In The Water" one of the greatest sports books ever written. story of elite swimmers preparing for the Olympics.

Sounds boring but it is a magnificent book.

Box Ox

What’s books you guys reading? Check out Noam Chomsky manufacturing consent.

GEH.jpg

vantexan

figures this thread would go nowhere on this forum.......
I used to read a lot of both fiction and nonfiction. My all-time favorite authors are James Michener and Leon Iris and Elmer Kelton. These days I mostly surf the 'net looking at Facebook groups and some forums. And news feeds. And YouTube. Got a Kindle Unlimited membership and plan to make the most of it when I get to Argentina.

BeefiestMass

Work related, I read "The Long Haul" by Finn Murphy awhile ago and liked it. Was also rereading the UPS related parts of Thomas Geoghegan's "Which Side Are You On?" for kicks the other day lol

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Work related, I read "The Long Haul" by Finn Murphy awhile ago and liked it. Was also rereading the UPS related parts of Thomas Geoghegan's "Which Side Are You On?" for kicks the other day lol
ha, had to google this. sounds interesting and it gets good reviews. we used to call long haul movers "bed buggers"
the author had an interview with Terry Gross. There is a book about these interviews also. It was good as well. Thanks.

vantexan

I used to read a lot of both fiction and nonfiction. My all-time favorite authors are James Michener and Leon Iris and Elmer Kelton. These days I mostly surf the 'net looking at Facebook groups and some forums. And news feeds. And YouTube. Got a Kindle Unlimited membership and plan to make the most of it when I get to Argentina.
Uris not Iris.

quad decade guy

War Heaven by Mack Maloney

Airplanes, military....ufo's. 20-30 years old but a great page turner. Vacation read. I have it on Kindle and pick it up killing time at my meet point. Not available on Audible. His Wingman series is pretty far out there....proceed with caution.

Bill O'Reilly's book series....Killing Hitler, Lincoln etc. is worth listening to on Audible. History in an easy and interesting non-bias format.
Probably giving you information you did not know....I listen to things like this making my 5 hour one way feeder run....go by without thinking about the time.