Ohio rider

QKRSTKR

Idk why it didn't pass. Next time I'll vote yes. I'd say I voted no to fu both teamsters and ups. More teamsters though. What a farse this whole health care thing was. Bottom line is UPS should still have our plan, not teamsters.

hall doesn't even have the slightest clue about what package guys go thru. Like the " if you take care of them in the beginning of the week for 9.5, you can't load them up on thurs. and fri. Who is gonna police that. What are the repercussions when they send a guy out over 10.5 thurs and fri.? NOTHING! What a jackass that doesn't have a clue. That's what makes me upset with the deal.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Idk why it didn't pass. Next time I'll vote yes. I'd say I voted no to fu both teamsters and ups. More teamsters though. What a farse this whole health care thing was. Bottom line is UPS should still have our plan, not teamsters.

Ken H doesn't even have the slightest clue about what package guys go thru. Like the " if you take care of them in the beginning of the week for 9.5, you can't load them up on thurs. and fri. Who is gonna police that. What are the repercussions when they send a guy out over 10.5 thurs and fri.? NOTHING! What a jackass that doesn't have a clue. That's what makes me upset with the deal.

​It shows.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not about to download the respective PDF's and do a side-by-side comparison. My statement was based on feedback from a recently retired on-car, who had been a driver for 15 years, who told us that our (Teamster) plan was light years ahead of the company plan. Believe it, don't believe it----I really don't care.

kingOFchester

I am not about to download the respective PDF's and do a side-by-side comparison. My statement was based on feedback from a recently retired on-car, who had been a driver for 15 years, who told us that our (Teamster) plan was light years ahead of the company plan. Believe it, don't believe it----I really don't care.

So your info came from management......ahhahahahhahahaha.

never asked for a side by side. All you have to do is list what your benefits. How much for meds? How much for Dr visits? How much for ER? How much for hospitalization? How much for baby? Deductibles?

Pretty simple if you don't use misdirection to avoid debating.

And yes, your Union plan is way better then managements UPS plan.

QKRSTKR

If you're happy with the teamster plan upstate, that's fine. Most of us are happy with the company plan we have and did not want it to change. I had surgery in feb. of 2013, out of the $10000+ it cost, I paid like $160 for the office visits, which are 80/20. Which I'm fine with. Hospital bill was ridiculous and I didn't pay a dime. Didn't nor have I ever paid one red cent for a prescription since I've been 18yrs old.

Yes the teamcare plan is way better insurance than most people can dream of. But I don't believe it's better than what I have.

If you're happy with the teamster plan upstate, that's fine. Most of us are happy with the company plan we have and did not want it to change. I had surgery in feb. of 2013, out of the $10000+ it cost, I paid like $160 for the office visits, which are 80/20. Which I'm fine with. Hospital bill was ridiculous and I didn't pay a dime. Didn't nor have I ever paid one red cent for a prescription since I've been 18yrs old.

Yes the teamcare plan is way better insurance than most people can dream of. But I don't believe it's better than what I have.

Got that right!.............I would have sooner taken a smaller raise.to keep my health-care plan!

island1fox

Got that right!.............I would have sooner taken a smaller raise.to keep my health-care plan!

igp4u,
Wait until the 'EMPLOYER MANDATE" goes into effect ---over 90 Million American's will not have the choice of keeping their own healthcare !!! Right now with the individual mandate ---about 12 million American's are in your boat.
The Teamsters ---with a five year contract ---were educated by UPS on "Obamacare" ---therefore --welcome to Teamcare ---much more changes to come ---each year with deductibles and co-pays ---if you are 'WORKING MIDDLE CLASS" -hold on --you are going to pay big time for the lazy --cannot wait until the Teamsters support HILLARY !!!

Wake up !!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What are you looking for? What are you hoping to change? Please only constructive posts please.

I have been biting my tongue, trying to refrain from commenting on this thread....

But.... I will respect the OPs request.... and try to be constructive.

Another week of vacation. I need 8 weeks.

Atta boy.... 8 weeks after 30 years. You might be on to something.

I'm slightly disappointed that there has not been at least some effort on the part of the Ohio locals to have a meeting to learn about and resolve any issues that employees have. At the very least.....all the Ohio BA's should make contact with the full-time and part-time employees in their area by going in the UPS buildings and informally talking with the drivers, preloaders, reloaders, etc...

That was the point, of the contract proposal meetings every Local had.

And this is where I'm trying to be constructive....

The Union committee members can't possibly.... be so far out of touch with the membership....

That they would need suggestions from the browncafe.

Are you sure they aren't saying FU to the IBT as well?

That is kind of a "given".... don't you think ??

7) Each local union have a workers compensation attorney that will provide representation at no cost to the affected employee. I see far too many work related injuries where the worker is left on his own to fight a very difficult battle with UPS and their outside attorneys.

That will never happen. And, I will tell you why.

Liability.

Even if a member signed a "waiver".... one court challenge (even if they can't win) would waste too much of the members dues money.

Kind of gets in to the territory of the UPS mentality...."stepping over a dollar for a nickel".

I know of one meeting with Local BAs and they said they were NOT going to open the Rider and they were going to just put it out for a re-vote.

I don't understand that.... the Ohio Rider is "opened" every contract cycle.

At a minimum.... to adjust the wage schedule.

The UPS plan I am in is superior to the Teamster plan. And it is like that in many areas.

Yep.

I have personally had both.

And yes, your Union plan is way better then managements UPS plan.

It is.

The management plan is not the same. Ask a management person. That's the ship they chose to sail.

The biggest complaint I have heard (and experienced) with Central States insurance....

They routinely try to deny claims.... for anything other than scheduled maintenance. Like going to the Dentist.

And, they are slow to pay. To the point.... of having unpaid claims (over 90 days) put up for collection.

​-Bug-

igp4u,
Wait until the 'EMPLOYER MANDATE" goes into effect ---over 90 Million American's will not have the choice of keeping their own healthcare !!! Right now with the individual mandate ---about 12 million American's are in your boat.
The Teamsters ---with a five year contract ---were educated by UPS on "Obamacare" ---therefore --welcome to Teamcare ---much more changes to come ---each year with deductibles and co-pays ---if you are 'WORKING MIDDLE CLASS" -hold on --you are going to pay big time for the lazy --cannot wait until the Teamsters support HILLARY !!!

Wake up !!

I didnt vote for Nobama! its a dam shame we got to pay for all the lazy POS! Trust me your preaching to the choir..!

C

chuchu

I have been biting my tongue, trying to refrain from commenting on this thread....

But.... I will respect the OPs request.... and try to be constructive.

Atta boy.... 8 weeks after 30 years. You might be on to something.

That was the point, of the contract proposal meetings every Local had.

And this is where I'm trying to be constructive....

The Union committee members can't possibly.... be so far out of touch with the membership....

That they would need suggestions from the browncafe.

That is kind of a "given".... don't you think ??

That will never happen. And, I will tell you why.

Liability.

Even if a member signed a "waiver".... one court challenge (even if they can't win) would waste too much of the members dues money.

Kind of gets in to the territory of the UPS mentality...."stepping over a dollar for a nickel".

I don't understand that.... the Ohio Rider is "opened" every contract cycle.

At a minimum.... to adjust the wage schedule.

Yep.

I have personally had both.

It is.

The management plan is not the same. Ask a management person. That's the ship they chose to sail.

The biggest complaint I have heard (and experienced) with Central States insurance....

They routinely try to deny claims.... for anything other than scheduled maintenance. Like going to the Dentist.

And, they are slow to pay. To the point.... of having unpaid claims (over 90 days) put up for collection.

​-Bug-
I don't understand it either but that is what the steward told me was said. Actually, the BAs that were there called them "TDU" and the conversation got rowdy after that. They said they were NOT going to renegotiate anything in the Ohio Rider. Period. These stewards would not lie. It was a simple request that was denied with anger. Don't ask me why..... I can only guess the motive.